BGR report: liquid metal iPhone 5s

jrsharp70

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 5s: Case made of LiquidMetal to debut on iPhone 5s; fall launch | BGR

Of course we have learned to take everything with a grain of salt, but I've got to say that this is pretty awesome.

I think, honestly, that it will take something like this for Apple to really reestablish its dominance and reputation. If they really do have exclusivity on this patent, it really will become Apple ... and everybody else.

Edit: No, I am not trolling. Yes, it may be link bait. Yes, I realize that Apple is still thoroughly dominant, But as someone who left the iPhone for a different platform, I find this my first compelling reason to reconsider.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the information, but like all of the rest, I'll just chalk it up as another rumor to be proven true or false when the device is officially introduced to the public...:) However, for the sake of conversation, let's say that it is encased in LiquidMetal. How would the retina display hold up? Dings & nicks here and there on the casing is not a big deal to me and is definitely not as important as protecting the display. Know what I mean?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information, but like all of the rest, I'll just chalk it up as another rumor to be proven true or false when the device is officially introduced to the public...:) However, for the sake of conversation, let's say that it is encased in LiquidMetal. How would the retina display hold up? Dings & nicks here and there on the casing is not a big deal to me and is definitely not as important as protecting the display. Know what I mean?

The other rumor is using a crystal display with the liquid metal casing

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

jrsharp70

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
that's the fun thing about tech rumors... maybe it won't make any difference at all, maybe it will look and feel exactly the same.

but maybe it will be lighter and thinner. maybe it will dampen vibration that would have been transferred to the screen.

maybe it will morph into a futuristic killing machine that looks for John Connor.

whatever it turns out to be, I suppose the only real sure thing is that there will be an artsy white background video of Johnny Ive looking really sincere and sounding very British.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
that's the fun thing about tech rumors... maybe it won't make any difference at all, maybe it will look and feel exactly the same.

but maybe it will be lighter and thinner. maybe it will dampen vibration that would have been transferred to the screen.

maybe it will morph into a futuristic killing machine that looks for John Connor.

whatever it turns out to be, I suppose the only real sure thing is that there will be an artsy white background video of Johnny Ive looking really sincere and sounding very British.

Absolutely Stupendous!

Experience Our Premium iMetal devices, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Pro - coming to an Apple store near you in the Summer of 2014

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am OCD about my iPhones. They go in cases straight out of the box. This is not a big consideration for me.

Sent from my beautiful, always-working, never-failing white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
IMO I would go with the 5 for now... Resale will still be prime later this fall.

Thanks for the quick reply. When i gave my wife the iPhone4, she was able to figure it out(unlike my SGSIII), so i'll get her the "5" in Sept. when the AT&T upgrade comes around. She's not much of a "phone person", but can use the iPhone really well. Whatever works.:rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox