Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    iMore Intermediate

235 Posts

Default Re: Wireless charging????

It would be a useless feature to me. Since im pretty much going to always have a lifeproof case I wont be able to use it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Intermediate

170 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

I like the idea of wireless charging, I just disagree with the current manner of implementation.

When you mention the concept to someone who has never heard of it before, I believe their first impression would be some device which emits magnetic waves that can charge a device from a distance away (let's ignore the physics problems associated with this for now). Rather than the current incarnation, where you still have to place your phone on a mat plugged into a power source. To me, that kinda defeats the purpose. Yes, you can argue about how convenient it is to no longer need to plug in your phone, but to me, any benefits are marginal at best, and worth the additional investment.
    iPhone Beginner

72 Posts

I really do think its a good idea, as long as its not a replacment to the tradition charging method but an additional.

At home over night i will always plug the phone in, cant risk the battery going dead and my alarm not going off becuase ive nudged it off the charging pad in my sleep or somthing silly like that.

In the car i would love to be able to just put it down and let it charge, would be even better if it had nfc so it would know it was in the car and turn bluetooth on to connect to the car handsfree

at work i would just leave it on there, pick it up when i need it. hassle free.

i guess with everything out there its what you make of it, not for everyone.

dont knock it till you try it i guess.....
    iMore Nanite

3 Posts

I hope Wireless Charger will become very popular in future....
    accactg likes this.

Hummm, this type of charging method could come in handy. I think I will start some research...SMILE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12