What will the S of the 5S be?

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Well the 4s upgraded speed and camera from the 4 so I'm hoping the 5s will take the camera from 8mp to 13mp and add some speed. Not that I will be able to utilize it though. Sprint has still not launched 4g in my area :/

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Tim Cook has confirmed that the screen size on the iPhone is perfect and won't be changing, at least in the next year or so.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Tim Cook has confirmed that they will NOT be making the screen bigger on the next iPhone.

No he did not, People from Apple spoke in the same vague way about the 5 having a bigger screen last year.

That being said, I give it about a 0.0000000000000001% chance of Apple increasing the screen size again after one year, maybe the 6, or the 7.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they'll change the size soon either. Not that all of the unsold iPhone 5 cases would make any difference to them.

dmmckeown

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Not certain that the 'S' will be but lots of options for improvement whilst retaining the present form factor for the 5S!

Sapphire screen glass, much harder and scratch resistant than gorilla glass, 5 already has this over camera lens.
Wireless capability moving from support for wireless 'N' standard to 'AC' standard.
Camera 12-13MP
Size of storage with max up to 128GB
Faster processor (of course)
Security? Fingerprint sensor?
NFC
Wireless charging.
Stamina... increased battery life (perhaps due to more efficient processor and software?)
iOS7

Are all of the above going to be included? Probably not, but I think there are enough areas for improvement of the 5 above for there not to be a change in form from the 5. Personally I'd love a bigger screened iPhone but if Apple can pack in most/all from the list above I'd be a happy upgrader : )

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This S should be for Slow. And this is for obvious reasons. Just give the competition the farm as you make mediocre upgrades. This will be my last iPhone for awhile as I don't see Apple giving its competitors a run for the money. Now if their next phone is the iPhone 6 with enhancements to hardware as well as software then that's a new ballgame. Software enhancements aren't enough IMO. Just got to come a bit harder, Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice