Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes
    iMore Intermediate

279 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,776 Global Posts

Default Re: What will the S of the 5S be?

I don't think they'll change the size soon either. Not that all of the unsold iPhone 5 cases would make any difference to them.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Not certain that the 'S' will be but lots of options for improvement whilst retaining the present form factor for the 5S!

Sapphire screen glass, much harder and scratch resistant than gorilla glass, 5 already has this over camera lens.
    Wireless capability moving from support for wireless 'N' standard to 'AC' standard.
    Camera 12-13MP
    Size of storage with max up to 128GB
    Faster processor (of course)
    Security? Fingerprint sensor?
    Wireless charging.
    Stamina... increased battery life (perhaps due to more efficient processor and software?)

Are all of the above going to be included? Probably not, but I think there are enough areas for improvement of the 5 above for there not to be a change in form from the 5. Personally I'd love a bigger screened iPhone but if Apple can pack in most/all from the list above I'd be a happy upgrader : )
    iMore Intermediate

227 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

This S should be for Slow. And this is for obvious reasons. Just give the competition the farm as you make mediocre upgrades. This will be my last iPhone for awhile as I don't see Apple giving its competitors a run for the money. Now if their next phone is the iPhone 6 with enhancements to hardware as well as software then that's a new ballgame. Software enhancements aren't enough IMO. Just got to come a bit harder, Apple.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123