*Will the iPhone 5s make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: *Will the iPhone 5S make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Nope. I do not want a phablet, size is a dealbreaker, and none of the features were really all that enticing.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Definitely not. Being a former Android "Fanboy" I was initially thrilled with the prospects of being able to customize my phone into oblivion. This thrill soon gave way to the fact that I was spending more time tweaking my phone than actually being productive with it. I've since moved over to my 4S and have not looked back. Like many have said in this forum, what I like is the tight integration between my various platforms (iMac, iPad and iPhone). Without question, the quality of the iPhone is head and shoulders above any of the Samsung products in fit and finish.

Exactly! I had an HTC One XL. Although the hardware was fantastic (the upcoming One looks amazing), after the fun of flashing roms and kernels wore off....it's not iOS.
Android still lagged at times, even on hardware that was "superior" to my iPhone 5. Apps are also coded better for iOS, and it just works with the rest of my Apple gear (AppleTV, iMac, etc).

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Question I've always wanted to know. If IOS is so good why is Jail breaking so popular?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Question I've always wanted to know. If IOS is so good why is Jail breaking so popular?

Because some people want more control of their devices in the form of personalizing it to their specific liking and there is nothing wrong with that just like there is nothing wrong with other people liking their devices as it comes.

mcmillan27

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

So far I haven't seen anything compelling enough to make me switch from my iPhone 4S. Not even the iPhone 5. As a photography enthusiast, the camera on the Galaxy S3, or the S4 for that matter, aren't as good as the Apple offerings. The components may be up to snuff but the processing done by the devices to get the final image doesn't even come close to the iPhone's. And I could care less that the Galaxy S4 can take a photo with both cameras at once. In fact, after watching the Galaxy S4 "Unpacking" - where the demos on the big screen weren't even live, they were artificially done - there were no really cool features about the device that interested me.

I'm holding out for the iPhone 6. I just hope Apple comes out with something fresh that will knock the socks off of Android. iOS 7 needs to be different if Apple wants to continue promoting their OS as the world's most advanced mobile operating system. We're counting on you Mr. Ive.

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Neither one will. I'm upgrading next year

kikangentei

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Actually, the reverse is true for me. I switched to the GS3 from my iPhone 4 in July 2012 and I regret that decision everyday. Almost everything about the GS3 irks me, from the horrible battery life to the buggy software (I reboot probably everyday because of bugs) to the stupidly placed on/off key that I press accidently almost everytime I watch a video in landscape orientation. I installed a build of CyanogenMod which slightly improved the experience, but I just hate the hardware.

I'll be switching back to iOS as soon as my contract comes up.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I really hope that apple updates iOS if not ill buy the sgs4. I like iOS but my time with the IP5 left me wanting more. The basics are covered but their is a lot missing

kenjohnso

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

Apple needs to (finally) update iOS, the bundled apps, an the ability to select default apps. If they d thy, ill consider staying in the fold... Otherwise, like so many others who have tried the latest android devices, I'm out of here.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm very happy with my 4S and have been waiting for a 5S since i'm on TMobile, but the S4 is definitely interesting. All the bashing about the polycarb vs metal case doesn't make any sense to me. Yes, the body of the iphone is more attractive, but i've never owned a smartphone without a highend protective case, and those always add a bit of bulk in addition to completely hiding the actual phone body. I'd say 90% of smartphone owners use cases as well, many of them big like Otterboxes, so the phone body material is mute for me.

tittkorv

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Allready switched to SGS3. The screen size makes the whole difference. Feels unusually largeish at start and then you never want to go back. The difference in the moderns OS's is negligable.

Julesw

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Great thread.
I use iphone for video a lot. A lot of people will praise the s4 camera but don't really have serious experience of video (or stills) i look at the eco system, the apps available, form factor for handholding, accessories, add ons in development and the iphone is way ahead as an overall imaging tool.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I would never switch an iPhone or a Windows Phone for an Android phone. It just destroys the user experience.. wouldn't touch an Android.. Even with a 10 foot barge pole :p

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

I have no interest in the s4. I have my note 2 and kind of want to go back to the iphone 5. ;) still debating whether or not to go tlback to the iphone. The summer is coming and the note 2 is huge. Where am I gonna put it when im outside. Its so big. :( I dont like to flash my cellphone or hold it in my hand when im outside lol when I put the note 2 in my sweater pocket. Half of it sticks out lol decisions decisions

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I am tired of being bored with the phone. Looking forward to something new and exciting. I can wait for the next iPhone and see what happens.

PUBLICFARLEY

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

A lackluster 5S would not cause me to abandon ship and go with Android (God no). But it would be very disappointing.

I really want an iPhone with a bigger display. 5" 400+ DPI would be nice. How ever Apple gets there, they need to get there.. We developers will adjust. We may not like coding to yet another display target, but we *will* adjust.

As a matter of fact, I'm not upgrading my 4S until Apple goes big. And to all you saying that you would never use such a phone. That's fine. It won't be for everyone. But it would work for me.

Why can't Apple have two high end iPhones in the product line up?? One big: 5"+. One small: 4". It works for iPads, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs, iPods, and iMacs... Why not also for smartphones?

TejasBH

Banned
Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

Galaxy S4? Rubbish.. Their software is years behind the iOS elegance.. It's a bag full of garbage..

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

Forget the plasticky S4, the HTC One looks like it's the only other choice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner