has the rumored 5s kept you away from upgrading to the 5?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
i feel mr cook may be rushing things a bit. for all you 4 and 4s users have you thought about upgrading to the 5 but then realized the 5s may be here in a half a year and you want to sit back and see if it brings a wanted or needed difference?

just curious.

i own a blackberry so i can only update every 2 years when they release new phones. ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am very surprised at the fact that I haven't purchased the iPhone 5 yet. It is so unlike me. Anyway, to answer your question, I hadn't really thought about it before reading your post and now that I have, I will have to agree that the rumors of a possible iPhone 5s being released in Q1 of 2013 will greatly lessen my chances of buying the iPhone 5.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This discussion pops up with ever rumor of a new iPhone coming... the more things change, the more they stay the same...

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
kch i understand but the 5s rumor popped up not even a month after the 5. seemed a little premature. at least give it 6 months...

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I am very surprised at the fact that I haven't purchased the iPhone 5 yet. It is so unlike me. Anyway, to answer your question, I hadn't really thought about it before reading your post and now that I have, I will have to agree that the rumors of a possible iPhone 5s being released in Q1 of 2013 will greatly lessen my chances of buying the iPhone 5.

i think it may be more q2 of 2013. q1 would seem to androidish. lol

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Not really, I'm holding out for the next iPhone because I can't really see how the 5 will change my use much. I don't have LTE coverage yet and I want to see what Apple does to make the next iPhone stand out from the rest of the smartphone world.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well. yes & no lol.

Yes - I was interested in the 5. But for now no, because upon upgrading my 4S to iOS6 i'm very content with the way my phone functions, as well as battery life. No complaints what so ever.

Am i interested in what the 5S will be like? Absolutely! I plan on sticking with the iPhone for quite some time in the future unless something just really begins to bore me, OR some other phone that amazes me pulls me away....which as of now, i don't foresee happening.

Also, some of you commented on the 5S being release Q1 or Q2 of 2013. I'd say prob more closer to Q2 (june-july-ish) but again, thats just my opinion.

As far as myself upgrading when its released, i will have to see. My 4S runs great, and if next June/July rolls around, the 5S drops and my 4S is going strong - i prob will still hang onto my upgrade UNLESS the 5S has a whole lot more to offer than my 4S does at that time:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well. yes & no lol.

Yes - I was interested in the 5. But for now no, because upon upgrading my 4S to iOS6 i'm very content with the way my phone functions, as well as battery life. No complaints what so ever.

Am i interested in what the 5S will be like? Absolutely! I plan on sticking with the iPhone for quite some time in the future unless something just really begins to bore me, OR some other phone that amazes me pulls me away....which as of now, i don't foresee happening.

Also, some of you commented on the 5S being release Q1 or Q2 of 2013. I'd say prob more closer to Q2 (june-july-ish) but again, thats just my opinion.

As far as myself upgrading when its released, i will have to see. My 4S runs great, and if next June/July rolls around, the 5S drops and my 4S is going strong - i prob will still hang onto my upgrade UNLESS the 5S has a whole lot more to offer than my 4S does at that time:)

You went into greater detail than I did and you are spot-on, my friend. I am so content with my 4S to the point where I currently have no desire to upgrade. I can't explain it and people who know me best can't believe that I haven't gotten the latest device. Hahaha and if I still feel this way when the 5S is released, I suppose I'll have to make a doctor's appointment...:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
kch i understand but the 5s rumor popped up not even a month after the 5. seemed a little premature. at least give it 6 months...

The funny thing is, there?s always a rumor, and always gonna be a new phone. I have the iPhone 5 and will buy the next one...I got a family that needs phones... Dad (me) gets the new one and it rolls down the line... I can?t see myself not buying the next, new phone... so rumors or not, I am not holding off.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
5S wouldn't be a big change. I don't see this rumor holding many back. I hope a 5S comes out this Spring so a 6 comes out in the fall. I would rather have a 6 in the fall than a 5S.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter to me. I own a 5 if and when the 5s drops I will sell the 5 and buy the 5s. I couldn't imagine not owning a 5. My wife has a 4s and you compare the 2 screens the 5 is much better. Same goes for the camera. I didn't really test until we were taking pics of our kids when they visited Santa and couldn't believe the difference between my 5 and her 4s. Especially in Low lighting the 5 is top notch!

tlbaker1

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Do you think Mr. Cook may be shooting himself in the foot with all of these upgrades? I guess I will wait for 6 lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
5S wouldn't be a big change. I don't see this rumor holding many back. I hope a 5S comes out this Spring so a 6 comes out in the fall. I would rather have a 6 in the fall than a 5S.

Ohh I know it won't be large. It's the apple trend with the reg and s models. But I do know according to people the 4 that I have is commonly referred to as a antique but the 4s is still very well respected.
That's why I asked if people were waiting since the trend is that the reg model is kind of the beta tester for the s models to be everyone's favorite.

Sent using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter to me. I own a 5 if and when the 5s drops I will sell the 5 and buy the 5s. I couldn't imagine not owning a 5. My wife has a 4s and you compare the 2 screens the 5 is much better. Same goes for the camera. I didn't really test until we were taking pics of our kids when they visited Santa and couldn't believe the difference between my 5 and her 4s. Especially in Low lighting the 5 is top notch!

I know you will man. That's what you do. Unless bb10 kills it for you. Hana

Sent using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The funny thing is, there?s always a rumor, and always gonna be a new phone. I have the iPhone 5 and will buy the next one...I got a family that needs phones... Dad (me) gets the new one and it rolls down the line... I can?t see myself not buying the next, new phone... so rumors or not, I am not holding off.

I understand there will always be a rumor but the other iPhones there was a 1 year span so the current model had a 6 month bake in period where this one barely had 1 month. I've followed tech for a long time and there was always a trend with jobs at the helm but I guess I'll have to restructure my internal calendar to the cook era. Lol

Sent using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you think Mr. Cook may be shooting himself in the foot with all of these upgrades? I guess I will wait for 6 lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

That depends on his objective. Annual upgrades have served Apple quite well and sales of the device remains strong, in my opinion, so unless he fears that RIM's upcoming Blackberry 10 devices may reverse the current trend of businesses opting for iOS, I don't see the need for Apple to alter its annual release schedule. However, I concede that I don't have any inside information and therefore, what doesn't make sense to some makes perfect sense to others. :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
That depends on his objective. Annual upgrades have served Apple quite well and sales of the device remains strong, in my opinion, so unless he fears that RIM's upcoming Blackberry 10 devices may reverse the current trend of businesses opting for iOS, I don't see the need for Apple to alter its annual release schedule. However, I concede that I don't have any inside information and therefore, what doesn't make sense to some makes perfect sense to others. :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

i just read an article about a possible 2 new ipads and 2 new iphones per year. again rumor but at this point everything with the up and coming devices are pure speculation.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i just read an article about a possible 2 new ipads and 2 new iphones per year. again rumor but at this point everything with the up and coming devices are pure speculation.

We will know soon enough. Anyway, care to post a link to that article? :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711