has the rumored 5s kept you away from upgrading to the 5?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been holding out for a bigger screen! I would love a 4.5" or whatever it would come out to be! I like the length of the 5 just wish it was wider. So I am totally torn. Keep 4s? Try to hold out for 6? Decisions Decision!! But when it all comes down to it my 4s works as good as it did the day I bought it!!

I was planning to wait for the 5S knowing it will be released early in 2013. But then I was like 'screw it' and got myself the iPhone 5.

I would love a bigger screen too. I have been fighting with my inner conscious (sp?) on whether to upgrade to the 5 (or wait for the rumored 5S) for a little over a week now. Previously i was considering the G-Note2, but after looking long and hard at what I really want/like - i've always come back to iOS. I was actually in BestBuy Thurs night(?) and was really really close to purchasing a white 32G. i decided to hold off because of the rumored 5S that maybe due out in June, was ringing in my head.

So Jebulls, like you in very torn because my 4S is in pristine condition, but at the same time as ForgWorm, i just want to say screw it too and upgrade!! :eek: i cant decide now.

So yes, i take back my previous post in this thread:p lol. the rumored 5S is totally messing with my decision right now!

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
A newer, faster, more advanced phone is always around the corner. I don't let the prospect of a newer model phone determine whether I buy or upgrade. I buy based on what I need, and right now the 4s meets my requirements.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
June July is way too long to wait! Go for it!
oh believe me, I want to go for it.

BUT.......

A newer, faster, more advanced phone is always around the corner. I don't let the prospect of a newer model phone determine whether I buy or upgrade. I buy based on what I need, and right now the 4s meets my requirements.
I have to agree with Fit24. My 4S meets my needs on a daily basis for my productivity and runs perfect:) So, in a way I really can't justify spending the money on another phone right now either

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Went to the Apple store today and played around with the 5. I was gonna hold out for the 5s,but not any longer. January 29th can't come soon enough!

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Went to the Apple store today and played around with the 5. I was gonna hold out for the 5s,but not any longer. January 29th can't come soon enough!

It really is worth the upgrade! So much better than the 4s. Size,camera,screen,LTE,speed! To name a few.

kevinnugent

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got a 5 because changing carriers allowed me to jump all over LTE. I'm loving it again. The great thing about iPhones is the value they keep, so as someone else mentioned its also only an incremental cost once you sell the older model.

Booda711

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I third that! I usually get every iPhone released but this time I'm waiting to see what the 5s brings. I'm rocking the 4s now and content.
You went into greater detail than I did and you are spot-on, my friend. I am so content with my 4S to the point where I currently have no desire to upgrade. I can't explain it and people who know me best can't believe that I haven't gotten the latest device. Hahaha and if I still feel this way when the 5S is released, I suppose I'll have to make a doctor's appointment...:)

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The rumors about the 5s sounds interesting so I'm going to wait and see. I have a upgrade option in the hole just in case.

Tapatalking

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I got my 5 on release day and don't regret it. The way I see it, if you keep waiting for the rumors to pan out, you'll never actually get to buy a phone.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I was going to wait out for the 5S or 6 as I want the 128 GB rumored storage space. But waiting for 5S (at least 9 months) or 6 (18 months), then I would be handing over money to AT&T as I don't have contract anymore, so with Walmart $127 iPhone 5, I am going to buy it and then once 128 GB shows up, I will just sell the 5, pay the ETF (which at that point would be very minimal because of the $10 per month subtraction), then buy the 128 GB version of iPhone 6 instead of buying 128 GB iPhone 5s would be a waste of money due to the same form factor between the 5 and 5S.

Ben Swanson

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't up for an upgrade on my 4S when the 5 came out, so I waited, planning to get one now-ish. But now it sure smells like the 5S is coming June/July... so I'm just gonna keep waiting for now. Love the new form factor on the 5, but performance wise the 4S still holds its own just fine, so I figure why rush.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

This ^

I'm in the same boat as Fit: I'd love the shiny new thing, but the shiny thing is still perfectly good for my needs. I have an upgrade I could burn on a 5 or an Android phone but there is nothing deficient enough about my 4S to make me want to do it. I suspect I feel like many iPhone 4 owners did when they saw the 4S.

It isn't even a knock on the 5, the S3, or Optimus phones: the 4S is just so damn solid.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I was going to wait out for the 5S or 6 as I want the 128 GB rumored storage space. But waiting for 5S (at least 9 months) or 6 (18 months), then I would be handing over money to AT&T as I don't have contract anymore, so with Walmart $127 iPhone 5, I am going to buy it and then once 128 GB shows up, I will just sell the 5, pay the ETF (which at that point would be very minimal because of the $10 per month subtraction), then buy the 128 GB version of iPhone 6 instead of buying 128 GB iPhone 5s would be a waste of money due to the same form factor between the 5 and 5S.

There isn't going to be a 128gb iPhone anytime soon

suziezfranks

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that is why I got a used 4s, I figured it was best to learn on an iPhone 4s to see if I was going to stick with it (had a Blackberry for years), and if yes, then I would get a 5s when they come out.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have the 4s your pretty much good till the 5s comes I herd so many issues about the 5 that I didn't bother upgrading plus the 4s is so damn solid I can probably keep it for another year until the 6 comes

Tapatalking up in ya

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I was holding out but my son needed a new phone so I picked him up a Android Go Phone, found out my daughter was good for an upgrade so I used her upgrade and picked up a 32GB 5 and gave her my 16GB 4GS. My upgrade is next month so I'm just holding out for awhile to see what comes out in the next year since my son wants an iPhone as well but he breaks his phones like they are going out of style, that's why I just go with the Go Phones for him.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have the 4s your pretty much good till the 5s comes ...(snipped)...plus the 4s is so damn solid I can probably keep it for another year until the 6 comes

Tapatalking up in ya

You are spot-on with your above statement, my friend. At this point, I will definitely hold off upgrading until the next version of the iPhone is released. Besides, I'm still enjoying my 4S.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR