has the rumored 5s kept you away from upgrading to the 5?

danielhindes

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't wait but then again I was coming from a Galaxy Gio. The iPhone 5 really did seem like a great upgrade worth paying for. Curious to see what the iPhone 5s is like. Needless to say I will regret purchasing the 5!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Think my iPhone 4 (Verizon) could last another year.

Google Maps just got released so I don't have to worry about no turn-by-turn navigation. Also all my apps/games still run fine.

Hopefully iPhone 5s will see these:
- A7 chip (quad-core)
- 10MP iSight camera
- NFC
- iOS 7 (revamped UI)

Not sure what else they could add...

I use a sprint 4 for work. Is seems to do everything the newer ones do but just a bit slower. iOS is ios no matter how you slice it. Yeah with the 5 you get lte and Siri as well as the 4s.

All the core apps are the same either way. The messaging/email/phone portion doesn't change. So I agree sticking with the 4 right now is a pretty good choice until the 5s specs gets released.

Sent using Tapatalk

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I held off just as I signed a new contract and didnt feel like paying the unlocked price once again. I'm hoping the 5S lands as soon as possible. I will be getting it. Or the 6 or whatever the next one is.

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using a 4 and not a 4s. To me, I'm content with it and that is rare. The big thing is I am currently not due for an upgrade yet through Verizon and I also want to keep my unlimited data. I may buy a used 5 later if I see one cheap enough to allow me to keep my data. Other than that I am perfectly content for once in my life and I'll be hanging on to this one for some time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use a sprint 4 for work. Is seems to do everything the newer ones do but just a bit slower. iOS is ios no matter how you slice it. Yeah with the 5 you get lte and Siri as well as the 4s.

All the core apps are the same either way. The messaging/email/phone portion doesn't change. So I agree sticking with the 4 right now is a pretty good choice until the 5s specs gets released.

Sent using Tapatalk

Excellent response....:)

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using a 4 and not a 4s. To me, I'm content with it and that is rare. The big thing is I am currently not due for an upgrade yet through Verizon and I also want to keep my unlimited data. I may buy a used 5 later if I see one cheap enough to allow me to keep my data. Other than that I am perfectly content for once in my life and I'll be hanging on to this one for some time.

I was told by Verizon that even if I brought my own iPhone 5 that I would lose the unlimited data when I swapped off the iPhone 4. So when my contract was up I moved to Sprint.

I have had the first of them all. The original, the 3G, the 4, and now the 5. I did get the 4S when I first moved to sprint because of the price but it felt too much like my 4 and didn't seem like an upgrade (even though it was a better phone). I will stay with the 5 until at least the 6 comes out. I do the same in my house I get the new one and the kids get the old ones bumped down.

CHIP72

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I understand there will always be a rumor but the other iPhones there was a 1 year span so the current model had a 6 month bake in period where this one barely had 1 month. I've followed tech for a long time and there was always a trend with jobs at the helm but I guess I'll have to restructure my internal calendar to the cook era. Lol

Yeah, Cook really upset the apple cart (pun intended ;)) when Apple released the iPad 4 in late 2012 after releasing the iPad 3 in early 2012. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple does release the iPhone 5s in about the March/April time frame.

I'd like to get the iPhone 5 but not pay an arm and a leg (I've been buying my devices off-contract), so a spring 2013 release for the iPhone 5s would be ideal for me (because the iPhone 5 price would drop).

BTW, I think my iPhone 4 is still a solid performing device.

CHIP72

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I was told by Verizon that even if I brought my own iPhone 5 that I would lose the unlimited data when I swapped off the iPhone 4. So when my contract was up I moved to Sprint.

For whatever it is worth, I retained my unlimited data on Verizon on my primary line when I swapped out a 3G CDMA WP7 (HTC Trophy) for a 4G LTE Android (Samsung Galaxy Nexus). I think the only way someone can lose unlimited data is if he/she upgrades via the subsidy.

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I will stick with the S version of every phone they roll out. Skipped 4 and got the 4s. Skipped 5 and getting the 5s (probably if it is really attractive). Skipping 6 and getting the 6s :D
Why? Cos in my opinion first series is sort of 'beta' if you will.

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I remember when the 4s was announced and everyone thought that there weren't going to be any big changes, but people loved it. I DO look forward to the 5s, but depending on what the cost is, the 5 may be more appealing.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am holding off because Apple and ATT asked me to til we figure out why I go through the 4S like underwear. They can't figure out what the issue is and it's been going on since my 4 was stolen last year. Its very frustrating. I got a gift card to put towards a 5 for Xmas, but I am sitting on it for now. I am hoping it's figured out sometime soon. Either for the 5 or the 5S.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
The reason the 5 has been necessary, not nice to have, for me is the superior call reception/coverage. My 4s was awful, and I had multiple ones. My house is in a Bermuda Triangle of AT&T coverage, and the 5 is such a huge improvement. From a work perspective, I couldn't have done the 4s any more. It does bite that with this new improvement, I had to take a step back on wifi connectivity...but i am unlimited and lte is available.....c'est la vie.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My 4 stopped staying on for whatever reason. I managed to get it to stay on long enough to sync with iTunes. My upgrade was available back in oct and I wanted to hold out till the 5S but my 4 had other plans. Other than losing my unlimited with VZW I'm pretty happy the 5

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been holding out for a bigger screen! I would love a 4.5" or whatever it would come out to be! I like the length of the 5 just wish it was wider. So I am totally torn. Keep 4s? Try to hold out for 6? Decisions Decision!! But when it all comes down to it my 4s works as good as it did the day I bought it!!

ForgWorm

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I was planning to wait for the 5S knowing it will be released early in 2013. But then I was like 'screw it' and got myself the iPhone 5.

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm set up to upgrade every year with me upgrading my line and leaving my wife's line for the next upgrade. I think I you have multiple line that's the best way to go.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Ill hold out for the iPhone 6. Ill get the iOS 7 update so will essentially be the same, maybe a tad slower but I can deal with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711