Alleged iPhone 5s leaked images

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Alleged iPhone 5S leaked images

Interesting. Too soon to tell though, I would think that apple had multiple versions if the iPhone 5 in test prior to its release. Perhaps this was the design that "didn't cut it"

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Re: Alleged iPhone 5S leaked images

I'm going to say it's legit. The phone will look the same but the big change will be the software. A bigger jump that we have seen in the past in terms of UI.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to say it's legit. The phone will look the same but the big change will be the software. A bigger jump that we have seen in the past in terms of UI.

I trust your insight, Jeremy. You have proven to be right too many times for me to doubt you, my friend. :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

I trust your insight, Jeremy. You have proven to be right too many times for me to doubt you, my friend. :)

It may be a bit too early to tell about the software but it sounds and looks like we may be getting a very fresh iOS. In terms of hardware I'd say for sure we are getting the 5S. After the new year it will be more clear.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for sharing, but it seems a bit early to get too worked up yet.

How long before the snipes get their shorts in a wad over this... wake me when Apple announces it. :)

(Laughing)...Not long at all, my friend...:)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

How long before the snipes get their shorts in a wad over this... wake me when Apple announces it. :)

At this point in time I'd pretty much count on the hardware looking almost identical/identical to the 5 for the next device.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

Totally believable, they need to work on the software side, I don't care what anybody says, iOS is dull, boring, stale, old, and is lacking many features still. It needs a massive overhaul. When I'm at home I still finding myself using my iPhone 4 instead of my 5 due to it being jailbroken, I can actually use the thing for more than just playing games and sending texts/emails etc..

Time for a big camera upgrade as well, very disappointed in the camera of this thing, it flat out sucks in low light, marketing pr foloed me too on that one..

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

Totally believable, they need to work on the software side, I don't care what anybody says, iOS is dull, boring, stale, old, and is lacking many features still. It needs a massive overhaul. When I'm at home I still finding myself using my iPhone 4 instead of my 5 due to it being jailbroken, I can actually use the thing for more than just playing games and sending texts/emails etc..

Time for a big camera upgrade as well, very disappointed in the camera of this thing, it flat out sucks in low light, marketing pr foloed me too on that one..

I'm pretty sure they are well aware of the software falling behind the competition and I feel the biggest sign of them knowing this is the firing of Forestall. That was a glorious day in my eyes.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty sure they are well aware of the software falling behind the competition and I feel the biggest sign of them knowing this is the firing of Forestall. That was a glorious day in my eyes.

I agree that Apple is indeed aware their software is lagging behind. The maps fiasco (less than favorable reviews) was a clear reminder, in my opinion.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

you always ruin the fun, sir

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I saw this the other day on Flipboard. I honestly can't wait to see what the "5S" is going to be like iOS wise. If the body features of it stay the same or very similar to the i5 that'd be great - a little bit of a larger screen would do me good, especially with my eyes lately:p

As for the iOS that some of you commented how its become boring etc. I'd guess you've been using iphones for well over 2+ yrs to feel this way ? I felt this way after using a bb for 4+ yrs, so i can sympathize with how you feel. Currently for iOS i've only been using my iphone 4S for 1yr + 1mth, and my iPad 1st gen 3-1/2yrs now. I actually don't feel bored with the iOS, and seeing this, this is why i feel that the iphone fits for me perfectly for my use:) I don't fault or bash any of you that think differently of course.

It will indeed be interesting to see when the next iPhone is released (5S) what Apple may have done to re-polish the iOS to "freshen" it up a bit :)

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Sounds cool. I wonder what colors they will release? I have no use for that NFC right now but I could definitely use the better battery life.

Tapatalking on my iPhone

The alleged enhancements are nice, but not a must-have for me. I'm satisfied with the retina display and the current camera of my 4S. As for the various colors, I will still pick the conservative black one without a doubt. I would rather have better battery life, but more importantly, various enhancements to iOS and iCloud.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

The alleged enhancements are nice, but not a must-have for me. I'm satisfied with the retina display and the current camera of my 4S. As for the various colors, I will still pick the conservative black one without a doubt. I would rather have better battery life, but more importantly, various enhancements to iOS and iCloud.

Yeah I'm like you I'm cool with my 4s for now. It will be interesting to see how all of this turns out.

Tapatalking on my iPhone

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

just like the 4 and 4s i dont think you would see a difference in hardware.

I am friends with a fair amount of tech bloggers and also just some apple crazed friends. general consensus is if there isn't a fairly large change in the UI they may look elsewhere for their next device. with the new win8,bb10 and whatever android will be baking up there is an ever changing tech world out there and people that have had an iphone since the 1st one want a little bit of a change.

GreenBerry84

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

This is all very interesting, I'll be keeping a close eye as my upgrade is March next year, if the 5S is released in June I'll hold on to it until then!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234