It's funny how…

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
It's funny how when you reboot your phone and have a passcode set, the device will actually stay on LTE using data until you login with your passcode. Why wouldn't the phone automatically go to Wi-Fi if you're at your home, to save some data?

Just something I noticed and I'm not sure if it is the same for all iPhones? Just more of an observation I guess.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Mine usually goes to Wi-Fi... it may take a couple of seconds. I can tell you that the Wi-Fi connection at home is so much faster and better than here at work. At work, sometimes it takes a bit longer than I'd like! I've found that wandering out into the hallway usually does the trick! :laughing:

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Mine usually goes to Wi-Fi... it may take a couple of seconds. I can tell you that the Wi-Fi connection at home is so much faster and better than here at work. At work, sometimes it takes a bit longer than I'd like! I've found that wandering out into the hallway usually does the trick! :laughing:

Hmm k thanks. I'll keep an eye on it

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine does it a little as well. But I don't reboot that often and when I do, it doesn't use enough data to notice. It's only for a second or three.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
OK I waited 45 seconds after a reboot and it still said LTE. I have my screen lock set for five minutes but I'm wondering if all night I'm actually bleeding data because of this. It really should stay on Wi-Fi, I would hope it is but how would I know when I'm sleeping. I'll have to check it in the morning after the screen locks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2