Is a iPhone 5C good to get these days or is it just to old for today's tech?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
When I first installed iOS 10 I had major lag, slowdowns, glitches and a crash that I had to go pay $30 to get it fixed and unjammed at an electronics place.

So until the next update came out I used my blackberry 9900.

Now iOS 10.1.1 fixed everything, my 5C is fast and amazing as it was when it came shipped with iOS 7. I was actually going to get an iPhone SE but I'm sticking with the 5C for now.

No problems whatsoever. Just installed battery doctor that allows you to clean the cache and on my 16 GB 5C I actually have seven gigs free and Thats with 45 apps on my and over 200 photos. That's pretty amazing so I have no reason to switch.

I realize I might be taking a chance with an older device and that many apps and risking a jam again (remember the issue was iOS 10 being full of glitches IF you have a lot of apps) but I'm testing and pushing this thing to the max! And iOS 10.1.1 is a godsend.
cc3c2c440d5726b1fd7bba4161f5c980.jpg
38f1daa4363550687e696ef3fefec8b8.jpg

Last edited:

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Another thing to consider is the 5C is still a very good deal because if you don't pay much for one it's no big deal if you drop it you can just go get an SE cheap if you sign a contract but if you want a good kick around phone it will do.

I dropped my 5C the week I got it at the mall ironically when I was at the Apple place getting a case for it. I watched in horror as it fell from shoulder height and bounced a distance of 5 feet away from me on the ceramic floor. Even the girl working at the Apple store gasped! If this was an SE or a 5S it would've shattered the glass on the back near the top and bottom. I was very happy that day that I have a polycarbonate iPhone. Very tough material, so really it depends what your uses will be and how you might risk using it, etc.

We should be good at least until next September for iOS 10 updates and even if you had to use it beyond that date for a while it will be OK.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Depends how cheap... I know people who are still using their 5C's, if you are someone who needs the newest bells and whistles don't get one.