Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By robertk328
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Default Who updated to iOS 10 already?

Mine is showing up in Software Update already but that red notification badge hasn't reminded me yet on my Settings icon.

Could there be any issues with the older chip in the 5c and 5 since it's made for the newer chips in mind?

Default Re: Who updated to iOS 10 already?

Lots of people updated. I'd probably look for more feedback on the 5 / 5c though before updating mine just to be sure.
    Just_Me_D likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gregoron View Post
    Mine is showing up in Software Update already but that red notification badge hasn't reminded me yet on my Settings icon.

Could there be any issues with the older chip in the 5c and 5 since it's made for the newer chips in mind?
    I've been using iOS 10 since June and it's been a pleasure to use. I also have it installed on my youngest son's iPhone 5S, and it works well with it. With that in mind, I think it'll work well with your device, too.

I have it on my 5s. It's running quite well.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Just updated mine to 10 and it's working well so far. I noticed that:

1. It freed more memory even with the downloaded update file gone.
    2. Battery seems to last longer
    3. UI seemed faster.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,032 Global Posts

I have 45 apps on my iPhone 5c and now when I press the home button it sometimes takes 4 to 5 seconds to open up all my apps. Also I had a couple of crashes on the 5C but that's not as bad as on the iPad air which is about once or twice daily. I think iOS 10 has some more polishing to go through before I would consider it as reliable as iOS 9 was towards the end. But overall it's more than usable.

I did have a situation where my iPhone answered a call and I did not press any buttons. It rang once I saw the name on the screen and It just decided to answer. By the way under the phone settings, I love the new Call Announce feature.

That said, my buddy also has an iPhone 5c and he has absolutely no problems, pages load fast no freezing or jittery pages etc.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I did and I'm not liking it...my phone has shut off my network automatically three times now. Such a pain and very frustrating.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,032 Global Posts

Updated to 10.1.1 on my iPhone 5C tonight and on the iPad air and everything runs a lot smoother. I think everything after iOS 10 is just gonna be a fix and a cleanup basically. My Bluetooth speaker now connects better it doesn't have any static and there's no lag motion sideswiping to the next screen looking at apps.

Now when I press the home button to enter my apps it doesn't take five seconds like it did on iOS 10 initially.

Also interesting is that I kept 42 apps on my phone and I have 200 photos and only two songs, the rest were put in iCloud and I still have 6.9 gigs free space left out of a 16 GB device. This is pretty impressive, I'm surprised.

I was getting a lot of crashing on my iPad air so I'll be keeping a watch on that and seeing what happens.
    iMore Newbie

I have a iPhone 5c and I don't have any broblems with it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomatiti View Post
    I have a iPhone 5c and I don't have any broblems with it.
    I'm betting you also didn't have 45 apps on your phone like I did. My friend who has one also had no problems whatsoever like you.

My wife's 5c is doing well on iOS 10.1.1. No issues I'm aware of. But on her 32 gb model, she has 17 gb available. I think that helps it run smooth.
    Ralph Morgotch likes this.