Assurant considers 6S 16bg an upgrade to my 5c 32gb and I'm upset. How can I fight this?

AndrewK1

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Assurant considers 6S 16bg an "upgrade" to my 5c 32gb and I'm upset

Perhaps someone can talk me down. My beloved green iPhone 5c (32GB) fell out of my pocket and died this weekend --
sad enough. After filing a claim with Assurant, my insurance provider on the phone, I was informed they no longer replace those with like models. Instead they have determined that a version 6 iPhone with a 16GB memory is the new equivalent. I'm pissed. My work requires I take and store many photos/videos, and memory is much more an important issue to me than an upgraded processor (if that is the right word...) I attempted to make my case to an Assurant rep and his supervisor (both nice -- said they "get it" but) to no avail: please give me a 5c or s version (32 GB) regardless of color, etc. No can do. (or no will do?)

I have paid off the phone some time ago. Wishing I had the monthly $16 insurance charge back which I've been paying for almost 3 years now. It feels wrong that Tim Cook get to say what constitutes and "upgrade" when it involves cutting my storage capabilities in half. Any advice on fighting this? Thanks for hearing me out here.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Assurant considers 6S 16bg an "upgrade" to my 5c 32gb and I'm upset

I don't thing that Tim Cook gets to make that choice either. This is Assurance decision since they are your insurance provider. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of these thieves, or saviors in my case. If you are ready for an upgrade, get yourself a new iPhone or take the one they give you, wait for the iPhone 7 and sell the iPhone 6. Make best of the situation if you know what I mean.

BL

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I'd consider that an upgrade in most regards save for on-board storage. You do have a myriad of free cloud storage options at your disposal though including the likes of iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox and others. More on-board storage would be ideal to be sure but if they're only offering a 16GB device, you could make up the other 16GB in free cloud storage potentially.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Or you could ask them to have them send you the 32GB version and you pay the difference yourself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox