iPhone 5c battery draining very quickly
I have an iPhone 5c running iOS 9.3.2.
I have factory reset my phone a few times. Let the phone fully charge and full die.
I will have my phone fully charged and the percentage of the battery drains ridiculously quickly, it will jump quite a lot sometimes from day 80% to 60% in seconds. I leave it on airplane mode when not in use and it still drains with no apps running. I have very minimum apps. My battery went from 100 to dead with the stats staying 2 hours standby time and 32 mins use age.
I wondering if this a battery issue and it needs replacing but don't want to waste my money if it is possibly something else.
- Best AnswerMay 18 2016 | 5:58 pm EDT
Welcome to iMore! It's an old phone now. The battery may be wearing out. My old iPhone 5 was like that. You most likely need to replace the battery or upgrade to a newer phone.
- 05-18-2016, 05:58 PM #2
- 05-19-2016, 01:27 PM #3
- 05-19-2016, 05:13 PM #4
- 05-20-2016, 08:52 AM #5
- 07-10-2016, 02:23 AM #6iMore Beginner
- 98 Posts
Re: iPhone 5c battery draining very quickly
I usually have to charge mine about twice a day, I am a power user and that is with the screen dim to about 35% and a new battery also. Depends what you are doing with it also, I upload a lot of YouTube vids and Snapchat and emails with pics seem to take its toll.
I usually can go 7-8 hours with heavy use. Sometimes only 6.
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 2Last Post: 05-29-2016, 05:07 PM
- By TLD1 in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 7Last Post: 05-19-2016, 09:30 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2016, 05:25 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2016, 02:29 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2016, 02:12 PM