Water damaged 5c, has power but screen is blank

wlmsn

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Helping a friend try to restore or get data off of her iphone 5c. It wasn't submerged but sat in a small amount of water for about a half hour (her kid spilled on it).

I couldn't get it to do anything at first but now I got the screen to light up, but it's completely blank. When I plug it in to my Macbook pro it doesn't recognize it at all. I tried the DFU mode thing too, still nothing.

At this point she's mostly concerned with getting her pictures off it because she can use my old IP 5 for now. Is there any way to get the Mac to recognize the phone now that it has power? Any ideas would be very welcome!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Does your friend have a recent iTunes or iCloud backup? Do you know if she was using iCloud Photo Library? Have her try logging into iCloud on your iPhone 5 or at www.icloud.com using a web browser. Her photos might be there.
If the phone is shorting I wouldn't be plugging it into your MacBook if I were you. The phone is probably shot and it could possibly damage your computer.

wlmsn

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Does your friend have a recent iTunes or iCloud backup? Do you know if she was using iCloud Photo Library? Have her try logging into iCloud on your iPhone 5 or at .icloud using a web browser. Her photos might be there.
If the phone is shorting I wouldn't be plugging it into your MacBook if I were you. The phone is probably shot and it could possibly damage your computer.

Unfortunately no icloud, not even contacts (i didnt think that was possible!)

Good advice on the MBP... I actually have a windows machine i havent used in years so i gave it a shot with that one. It recognizes it in recovery mode and asks me to restore it but that would erase all the data right?

Any way to do a file restore or something like the programs that do it on hard drives? It looks like a lot of them are junk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR