Is there something wrong with my iphone 5c?
So, this morning at school, I accidently dropped my phone in water. Quickly, I got it out and dried it off with paper towels, and it seemed to work just as normal. I didn't have any rice or anything so I just let it airdry almost all day. When I got home I noticed the speakers weren't working, but the ringer was still working and so were earbuds. I cleaned out the headphone slot and now the sound works normally. I'm just extremley worried because I've read about people who have had the same situation happen, where their iphone works for a couple of days, but then stops. I tried to take out the sim card but it won't open. Since there is no sign of my iPhone being damaged, should I be concerned?
- 03-02-2016, 08:56 PM #2
- 38,470 Posts
Re: Is there something wrong with my iphone 5c?
Water damages often take effect later on, but you could have been one of the lucky ones. If the device is working properly, go ahead and enjoy using it, but I caution you to not be surprised if all of a sudden things start happening intermittently or if the device stops working altogether.
- By Polygoat in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 03-03-2016, 01:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 3Last Post: 03-03-2016, 12:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2016, 06:47 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2016, 04:26 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2016, 03:53 PM