Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

47 Posts

Default Upgrading question

I have an iPhone 5C and an Ipad 4. I am planning to upgrade my phone. I have the same Apple ID and password for both and I back them both up to iCloud. I have way more apps on my Ipad, but I also have some apps on my phone that I don't have on my iPad. When I get the new phone, I understand I can restore it - or whatever it's called - from iCloud. But does iCloud recognize the difference between the iPhone and the iPad?

I am wondering if the phone will get absolutely everything on it and I will have to delete or re-install apps?

Sounds a bit confusing but hope you understand.

iMore Elite

2,761 Posts

Default Re: Upgrading question

I have an iPhone 6 and an iPad 2 (iPad now defunct though) and both of them have some apps that aren't on the other device. I backed them both up via iTunes and have never had the issue you describe, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Default Upgrading question

Yes, the iPhone will recognize the difference between the iPhone and iPad backups and will let you choose which backup to use. No worries