Bought iPhone off of Craigslist and cannot activate. Please help! How can I do this?

I

iMore Question

Bought iPhone off of Craigslist and cannot activate. Please help!

I bought an iPhone 5c (Sprint) off of craigslist a few days ago to replace my current phone (Boost Mobile) but I am looking to keep Boost. I went to boost to get the phone switched and when I called to get the IMEI released, they said it was still registered under an account. I don't know the informatjon for this account and am not sure what to do past this. The guy I bought if off of is not returning my calls. There is no iCloud or Find my iPhone locks or any other physical locks on the phone and so far as I know the IMEI is not black listed as stolen or lost, but I can't be sure. How can I get past this? I'm willing to try anything, but need to keep my boost number. Thanks in advance!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bought iPhone off of Craigslist and cannot activate. Please help!

Sprint has a bad habit of not canceling devices from accounts unless the customer calls so you have to get in contact with the seller and have them call the provider to release it

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bought iPhone off of Craigslist and cannot activate. Please help!

If all is as is as you have explained you WILL need to get the person you bought from to call Sprint to have them release it from his act although I don't know why they did not when he got rid of it or you are going to have a paper weight.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods