Safari won't connect to internet on data connections after iOS 8.4 update

Eight Ball

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Safari connecting to internet over wifi, but not with data connection. I get the standard message "....your iPhone is not connected to the internet" when I try to use Safari over data.

Did not have problem before 8.4 update. I updated from 8.3. Phone and all other apps are connecting and functioning normally over data connection. (As well as over wifi) Also, in the Safari app setting, "Use Cellular Data" is properly enabled.

Any suggestion on how to fix? I've never seen just one app not be able to use cellular data.

Eight Ball

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I did not try a forced restart, but I wish I did. I did a "reset all settings," and now I'm having all kinds of connection problems with all my apps over both wifi and data. Connections (both wifi and data) now are crawling at best, and safari still won't connect over data. I have to go out to dinner. I'm going to do a factory reset later tonight. I'll report back tomorrow.

Eight Ball

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Problem with safari fixed by doing factory reset. Safari is now working over cellular data without problems.

Also, disregard my second post where I said all my apps were crawling after resetting all data. That was only momentary. Everything was working fine except I still had the problem with Safari over data. The factory reset fixed, so I must have had some setting enabled or disabled incorrectly. I'm new to iOS and just learning.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711