Contacts disappearing

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
My co worker has a 5c. He has his contacts synced with iCloud. His contacts are not connected to any of his email accounts either. All contacts have been saved to the phone. A few days ago he noticed that some of his contacts have disappeared. When he uses iMessage contacts that were saved now just show up as numbers and no longer as names. If he types in the numbers on iMessage the name will show but it is grayed out and has an i with a circle around it. Does anyone know how to have his contacts loaded on the phone again. He has also not backed up the phone to a computer either.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If his contacts are 'synced" with iCloud then they should be associated with his iCloud email account. To verify, have the co-worker login to his iCloud account via a computer and then select the contacts icon. If the contacts are present, he can then enable the toggle on his iPhone 5C next to contacts in the iCloud settings to have the contacts re-sync to his device.

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
If his contacts are 'synced" with iCloud then they should be associated with his iCloud email account. To verify, have the co-worker login to his iCloud account via a computer and then select the contacts icon. If the contacts are present, he can then enable the toggle on his iPhone 5C next to contacts in the iCloud settings to have the contacts re-sync to his device.
We tried that too but the missing contacts we're also not on his iclould website either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
We tried that too but the missing contacts we're also not on his iclould website either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

How many contacts missing? I enter most of mine in manually. Then they get backed up to iCloud. From then on, if I restore from iCloud, they're there. Did you try what was suggested by Just Me D?

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
How many contacts missing? I enter most of mine in manually. Then they get backed up to iCloud. From then on, if I restore from iCloud, they're there. Did you try what was suggested by Just Me D?

About 20-30 contacts are missing. Yes, we tried what Just Me D said to do. Thank you for your help too

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
About 20-30 contacts are missing. Yes, we tried what Just Me D said to do. Thank you for your help too

I would just enter them on manually. I do all mine that way. That is if you can't figure anything else out. It's hard to offer help when we don't know exactly what has been done or not done. Could those have been Facebook friends? If so, just toggle Contacts on under Facebook in the phone's settings.

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I would just enter them on manually. I do all mine that way. That is if you can't figure anything else out. It's hard to offer help when we don't know exactly what has been done or not done. Could those have been Facebook friends? If so, just toggle Contacts on under Facebook in the phone's settings.

I asked and they are not Facebook friends but I will have him toggle contacts on under Facebook.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I asked and they are not Facebook friends but I will have him toggle contacts on under Facebook.

He may not want all his Facebook friends in his contacts then. It's hard to say what the problem is. If it's a new phone, he can call Apple support free. Maybe they can help. I would just enter them manually. I prefer that so I can use whatever profile photo I want for the contacts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW