One of my daughters has a 5c, the other daughters have a 5 or 5s, my wife and I have a 5s. Why isn't my daughters 5c receiving the rest of the groups

I

iMore Question

One of my daughters has a 5c, the other daughters have a 5 or 5s, my wife and I have a 5s.

The rest of the group have 5 or newer. She is not receiving our group messages and she is green . We are not receiving hers either. I have checked all of her settings and they seem to be okay except on send and receive. It has both phone number and email but the phone number will not allow a check mark. Also when I try to send her a text from my ipad her name in the To: is red and will not allow me to send at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: One of my daughters has a 5c, the other daughters have a 5 or 5s, my wife and I have a 5s.

Tell her to do the following:

1. Make sure iMessage is enabled.
2. Make sure "Send As SMS" is enabled.
3. Reboot her iPhone.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: One of my daughters has a 5c, the other daughters have a 5 or 5s, my wife and I have a 5s.

As a note, I've seen this happen when your signal is sketchy, too. My wife works in a hospital and often loses or has degraded coverage, so her messages will turn green.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

In her "send and receive", uncheck all the email addresses. See if the number can then be checked. Unless she uses an iPad, she doesn't need email checked. Also try toggling iMessage off, then sign out. Then sign back in and toggle iMessage back on.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR