iPhone requesting passcode after restarting

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Weirdest thing happened a few minutes ago. I went to use my iPhone and I noticed it was off. I was using it fine a few minutes before that. So I held down the power/lock button on the top and the Apple logo showed up on the screen. Once it was back on, a message on the top of the screen said,
"iPhone requires pass code after restating". I entered my pass code and everything was fine as always. Phone has 30% battery so I dont think the battery had anything to do with it turning off on its own.

I've never received such message before. Is this something new? I'm currently running iOS 8.1.1

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Anytime you turn off or restart your iphone it will ask for your code the first time you turn it back on.

Yeah, but never before had it displayed that message. It'll just be the screen where you enter the passcode. So I just thought it was odd as I've never seen it before.

IndianApple

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Anytime you turn off or restart your iphone it will ask for your code the first time you turn it back on.

I am aware it ask to type passcode everytime i restart the iphone BUT why should it not ask for Touch ID ? I have seen it does not accept my touch ID after a restart for the first time. I know its not a bug but this is surely not a good feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrcons25

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
Weirdest thing happened a few minutes ago. I went to use my iPhone and I noticed it was off. I was using it fine a few minutes before that. So I held down the power/lock button on the top and the Apple logo showed up on the screen. Once it was back on, a message on the top of the screen said,
"iPhone requires pass code after restating". I entered my pass code and everything was fine as always. Phone has 30% battery so I dont think the battery had anything to do with it turning off on its own.

I've never received such message before. Is this something new? I'm currently running iOS 8.1.1

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2