- iMore Intermediate
- 135 Posts
Is it really true that the 5s is a lot more future proof than the 5c thanks to the 64 bit?
I bought the 5c yesterday, and now im thinking about taking it back to Apple and get the 5s because i plan to keep my phone for a while.
I have read that the lifespan of the 5c is going to be a lot shorter than the 5s. Is this really true?
The loss of performance is not the biggest loss in the chip architecture. Apple is moving towards a 64-bit architecture in iOS. Today the vast majority of apps are 32-bit apps, and these run in compatibility mode on the iPhone 5s. As more developers move to 64-bit coding, the iPhone 5c could lose compatibility with many leading applications.
- 10-14-2014, 02:39 AM #2
- 10-14-2014, 05:25 AM #3
- By the_tech_eater in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 3Last Post: 10-13-2014, 03:38 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-12-2014, 02:36 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-12-2014, 08:12 AM
- By bullitosaladino in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 6Last Post: 10-11-2014, 06:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-11-2014, 01:55 PM