iPhone 5c is worth less for trade-in than the iPhone 5

jasonmelling

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Just look around the internet for the difference in value for trade-in between the 5 and the 5c. Yeah the 5c is plastic and the 5 uses metals, but d***...the 5 is worth something like 30-40 dollars more.

The 5c has better battery life and a better facetime camera. Does anyone have a rational idea of why trade-in for 5c is less than the 5? (Or some rational ideas as to why buying the 5c wasn't a bad decision.)

It's kind of a kick in the gut to realize that I'm going to get s*** for trade-in value next year when I get another iPhone. No wonder more people bought the 5s; they had better foresight than all the idiots who bought the 5c (which includes ME!).

Never again will I get plastic :mad:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Just look around the internet for the difference in value for trade-in between the 5 and the 5c. Yeah the 5c is plastic and the 5 uses metals, but d***...the 5 is worth something like 30-40 dollars more.

The 5c has better battery life and a better facetime camera. Does anyone have a rational idea of why trade-in for 5c is less than the 5? (Or some rational ideas as to why buying the 5c wasn't a bad decision.)

It's kind of a kick in the gut to realize that I'm going to get s*** for trade-in value next year when I get another iPhone. No wonder more people bought the 5s; they had better foresight than all the idiots who bought the 5c (which includes ME!).

Never again will I get plastic :mad:

There was a difference because the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 5s were both flagship devices. The lower capacity the phone or a non flagship device will naturally get less resale value than higher capacity/flagship configuration. And yes, it is possible that plastic plays a part. But as you know, BlackBerry devices are primarily if not entirely plastic. So plastic in itself is not necessarily the issue.

I would never expect a non flagship device to retain value like a flagship device, even if one from the previous year.

That said, I know folks who have 5c devices who L O V E their devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro