- 08-18-2014, 02:20 PM #2
- 08-18-2014, 03:05 PM #4
Re: Software support
The iPhone 4S was released in October 2011 and it's being supported three years later. I would guess the 5C would get three years support as a minimum. I don't know if iOS 8 will run on the 4S as I don't have one and haven't looked. If it does, that would be four years of support for the 4S and I would also expect four years from the 5C too.
- 08-18-2014, 03:08 PM #5
- 08-18-2014, 03:22 PM #6
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
- 08-18-2014, 04:25 PM #7
- 08-19-2014, 10:22 PM #8
- 08-20-2014, 09:44 AM #9
- 08-25-2014, 12:27 PM #11
Re: How long do you think the iPhone 5C will be supported?
Just because people think the 5C is a failure doesn't mean Apple will abruptly stop supporting it. If my memory serves me correct, the 5C is (or was) outselling some popular android phones. Here's the difference though between Android manufacturers & Apple; manufacturers like Samsung tend to stop supporting older phones or delay android updates after a year because they want everyone to upgrade to their latest and crappier phones. Apple, on the other hand, tries to support as many older iphones they can; unfortunately, the oldest phone may not able to run it well due to older hardware and new features the new IOS may have.
The 5C will get IOS 8 for sure. But you may not get some features since they don't have the specific hardware (like the fingerprint scanner and NFC). However, it should have most of the new features. If your thinking about IOS 9, the 5C will have that to, I wouldn't worry at all.
- 08-28-2014, 06:35 AM #12
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2014, 03:32 PM
- By JeevesVic in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-08-2014, 08:56 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-25-2014, 06:20 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-24-2014, 01:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-21-2014, 02:40 PM