How long do you think the iPhone 5C will be supported?

davenpj

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
How long do y'all think it will be supported Til it starts to slow down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davenpj

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Software support

Well it's in the 5c section. I wonder how many years of support it will get

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Well it's in the 5c section.

That's immaterial. So many people post in the wrong sections, we find it best to be explicit when asking and answering questions. Your help in this regard is appreciated. :)

The iPhone 4S was released in October 2011 and it's being supported three years later. I would guess the 5C would get three years support as a minimum. I don't know if iOS 8 will run on the 4S as I don't have one and haven't looked. If it does, that would be four years of support for the 4S and I would also expect four years from the 5C too.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

iOS 8 is a given and at least two more updates the last one might start to wear on the A6 processor but it's hard to really know depends on the features

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Software support

Well it's in the 5c section. I wonder how many years of support it will get

I read the posts in TapaTalk. I usually read the "Unread" section. But I don't always scroll up to see what section each post is coming from. In "unread", they are mixed. Many others do the same as I. So if you refer to a 5c, just say so. My wife uses the 5c. She's not on hers near as much as I'm on my 5. I figure hers will last a long time, so I hope it makes it at least to iOS 10. 11 is doubtful, but who knows?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

iOS 8 will run on the iPhone 4s, which was released 3 years ago. I would guess that the 5c will get updates for a couple of years.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it all depends what features are added and how much draw on hardware it causes. I would say atleast until IOS 10, maybe longer.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Two years with excellent performance. Three years with good performance. The fourth year is somewhat glitchy.

From my observations......

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Just because people think the 5C is a failure doesn't mean Apple will abruptly stop supporting it. If my memory serves me correct, the 5C is (or was) outselling some popular android phones. Here's the difference though between Android manufacturers & Apple; manufacturers like Samsung tend to stop supporting older phones or delay android updates after a year because they want everyone to upgrade to their latest and crappier phones. Apple, on the other hand, tries to support as many older iphones they can; unfortunately, the oldest phone may not able to run it well due to older hardware and new features the new IOS may have.

The 5C will get IOS 8 for sure. But you may not get some features since they don't have the specific hardware (like the fingerprint scanner and NFC). However, it should have most of the new features. If your thinking about IOS 9, the 5C will have that to, I wouldn't worry at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2