IPhone 5c stuck in charge loop

chemk

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I replaced the batt in my 5c and now I have no display and when I plug it into the computer I can restore from iTunes but then it will just cycle the charge tone every 6 seconds with no display. If you look really close you can see a strange faint glow on the display but that's it.
Before I changed the batt it, when plugged in would flash the dead batt then flash the apple then I played with the pushing/ holding / letting go of button game and it added the dfu mone icon with the plug and iTunes icon.

Any Ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks Pete:confused:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi Pete, Welcome to iMore!! Sorry you're having issues with your 5C. Is there a particular reason you decided to change the battery versus returning it to Apple? Since it's such a new device, it's definitely still under warranty.

chemk

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I bought it from a girl at work. She said she spilled some water on it and the problem started I opened it up and none of the white indicators were activated. The battery had zero output but the phone had output at the plug is why I changed it. And that is when my problem started.what is really strange to me is the display doesn't work now.
Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Retrace your steps. Is it possible you didn't put something back exactly like it was?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2