Why the iPhone 5c is not a failure.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
When you compare the 5c empirically to the industry, the 5c looks to be doing surprisingly well.

iPhone 5c sales are currently projected to have sold between 12.5 million and 20 million units.

The Competition:

Total sales by handset:
Nexus 4: sold 3 million units,
Nexus 5: -
Htc One: 5 million units
LG g2: 2.2 million units
Huawei p6: 3 million units
*Note 3: 10 million shipped (not sold)
Moto x: 500,000 units

Total sales last quarter:
*Galaxy s4: 9 million-12 million units
Nokia Lumia Series: 8.8 million units
*Blackberry 10 sales: 1.1 million units
*Legacy blackberry sales: 3.2 million.

*Sell-in figures (these are units shipped not sold).

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
If it wasn't for the 5c, I'd have never owned a single iDevice. I believe a lot of others experienced the 5c as their first as well. It really caught the eye of youthful people buying their first smartphones, Android lovers who had the color catch their attention, etc etc....

I don't think it was a failure at all.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the comparisons are usually with the 5s more than anything. It's what the critics are basically saying, that if the 5c is judged by Apple standards it is a failure. That isn't really a surprise, the media at large basically expected the 5c to be this super smashing hit but the 5c wasn't going to be outselling the 5s no matter what. No one is kidding anybody in that regard. The 'popular' tags attached to the 5c, to me, did more harm than good, and basically threw everyone's expectations in the wrong direction.

The 5s is going to always sell better because it is the flagship. It will therefore always BE the popular iPhone, and not the 5c.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If it wasn't for the 5c, I'd have never owned a single iDevice. I believe a lot of others experienced the 5c as their first as well. It really caught the eye of youthful people buying their first smartphones, Android lovers who had the color catch their attention, etc etc....

I don't think it was a failure at all.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the comparisons are usually with the 5s more than anything. It's what the critics are basically saying, that if the 5c is judged by Apple standards it is a failure. That isn't really a surprise, the media at large basically expected the 5c to be this super smashing hit but the 5c wasn't going to be outselling the 5s no matter what. No one is kidding anybody in that regard. The 'popular' tags attached to the 5c, to me, did more harm than good, and basically threw everyone's expectations in the wrong direction.

The 5s is going to always sell better because it is the flagship. It will therefore always BE the popular iPhone, and not the 5c.

I disagree, while apple has every right to compare iPhones to iPhones, unfortunately everybody else are comparing the 5c with the industry, and then labeling it a failure.

With the numbers shown above it looks as though the iPhone 5c is responsible for siphoning users away from android, windows phone, and Bb10, no small feat for a device openly mis-labeled by the media as a failure.

I know there are two reasons holding me back from purchasing an iPhone 5c; no touch id & no a7/m7.

Apple would be foolish to discontinue the 5c.

motoroid7

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, it was the 5c that had gotten me to switch from Android back to iOS. I really don't think they failed. They finally offered a bit more variety and I think for many that's why some users like myself came back. I also get more comments on my 5c than my friends generic looking 5s while out in public. (Usually about the amazing green color.) I have a case but getting the 5c for it's color I have a frosted back that lets the green show through. It looks pretty B.A.

For anyone wondering, it's this case: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...HYKbR%253A20140306225848%253As&token=YGfXKwv9

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, it was the 5c that had gotten me to switch from Android back to iOS. I really don't think they failed. They finally offered a bit more variety and I think for many that's why some users like myself came back. I also get more comments on my 5c than my friends generic looking 5s while out in public. (Usually about the amazing green color.) I have a case but getting the 5c for it's color I have a frosted back that lets the green show through. It looks pretty B.A.

For anyone wondering, it's this case: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...HYKbR%253A20140306225848%253As&token=uqxOX0qk

medesu9y.jpg

😨😱😤😡

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73