Camera Roll

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am puzzled so maybe you guys can help me figure this out. I generally don't keep a lot on my internal storage. But I decided to sync my photos from my PC to iTunes.
All the photos are in several albums on my PC, and they synced to my 5C the same way. The problem I am having, the photos that are saved to my camera roll. I cannot add to whatever album I choose. The albums are whited out, and they all say from my computer. Any suggestions please? Thanks

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Apple doesn't allow you to sort from your camera roll into other albums that are synched from your computer. You can do this if you jailbreak because there are tweaks like Photo Organizer 7. If you are not going to jailbreak you'll have to copy all your camera roll photos from the camera roll into the folders on your computer and synch your device. At that point you can delete the synched photos from your camera roll.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple doesn't allow you to sort from your camera roll into other albums that are synched from your computer. You can do this if you jailbreak because there are tweaks like Photo Organizer 7. If you are not going to jailbreak you'll have to copy all your camera roll photos from the camera roll into the folders on your computer and synch your device. At that point you can delete the synched photos from your camera roll.

There are no photos in my camera roll. Everything is in the albums on the phone, that got synced from my PC.
So, any photos I take or that get saved to my camera roll.
I can no longer add them to the existing albums.
It's like another extra step. I have to drag and drop the photos from the camera roll, into the albums on my PC.
Then sync my phone to iTunes. So they are now in the appropriate albums.
Another silly rule from Apple, especially if you do not own a PC or MAC.
Because, then what would you do.
I'll just remove everything, and access my photos from Google Drive
Thanks.😊

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
These silly rules are exactly why I had just had it one day and jailbroke my phone. Since then I have never looked back and things work for me like they should. ;)

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
When you sync the albums from your PC it's basically a read-only album.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I am puzzled so maybe you guys can help me figure this out. I generally don't keep a lot on my internal storage. But I decided to sync my photos from my PC to iTunes.
All the photos are in several albums on my PC, and they synced to my 5C the same way. The problem I am having, the photos that are saved to my camera roll. I cannot add to whatever album I choose. The albums are whited out, and they all say from my computer. Any suggestions please? Thanks

Arrange your photos on your computer in albums how you want them and sync to your phone. Then disconnect your phone.

Next, plug your phone back, iPhoto and import your camera roll. Move the camera roll photos to the albums you want and re sync to your phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Arrange your photos on your computer in albums how you want them and sync to your phone. Then disconnect your phone.

Next, plug your phone back, iPhoto and import your camera roll. Move the camera roll photos to the albums you want and re sync to your phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

It worked exactly like you said. But you cannot add to the albums.
The albums are washed out, you have to create separate albums.
But then you have to be ok with having duplicate albums.
Or, use this app I downloaded off the App Store, awhile back. 😊
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-transfer-app-easily/id365152940?mt=8&at=10l3Vy