What if the 6C doesn't happen? Would you miss it?

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I was just sitting on the train and realised that more and more people seem to have grabbed a 5C lately. I really like to see them, they're bright and colourful and all, my 5C feels just great in the hand and I've grown really fond of it. Yet it seems like (if rumours are to be believed) this might be the first and last C-series release and as much as I appreciate the 'premium' line I would be sad to see them disappear again after just one generation.
How do you guys feel about that? Would you mind not seeing a 6C released? Do you consider it dispensable or should Apple keep offering colourful phones in the future? If they decide to call it off, what are you going to do with your 5C? put it on the wall? ;-)

I personally reckon that Apple has always played with bold and shiny colours in their products, therefore they should stick with it and not retract the idea after one short year. And from a business perspective I don't see young kids or older seniors paying the top price for a gorgeous aluminium phone that has TouchID and all that stuff... so in my mind it just makes sense to establish a C line. Oh and from the emotional perspective, looking at my smurf blue 5C, I can imagine I would miss the option to pick up the latest iPhone in a little more colour/playful.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I think that there will be a 6C. It will have a 4 inch screen while the 6 will have a 4.7 inch screen. At least that's how I think it will be. I prefer a smaller screen, but you will get used to a bigger screen pretty quick and will imagine why you ever thought it was a bad idea. Same happened with the transition from the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I think that there will be a 6C. It will have a 4 inch screen while the 6 will have a 4.7 inch screen. At least that's how I think it will be. I prefer a smaller screen, but you will get used to a bigger screen pretty quick and will imagine why you ever thought it was a bad idea. Same happened with the transition from the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5.

Then, maybe they'll release a 6c in the correct color 😛 ...Black.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd feel a bit sad if they didn't. I also don't know if I'll move on to the glass and aluminum that I usually don't like the feel of. I'm pondering getting a 5s to get used to the feel...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
You could always put it in a plastic case. :)

That would help. The 5c feels better because it's heavier. I think a decently bulky cover would help. I'm really fond of wallet cases though. I'm still debating though, using that I'm running out of space on my 16GB, to get the 32GB 5s. This is really a harder decision than getting my 5c was. The 5c was the first iPhone I didn't seriously abhor from first sight....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That would help. The 5c feels better because it's heavier. I think a decently bulky cover would help. I'm really fond of wallet cases though. I'm still debating though, using that I'm running out of space on my 16GB, to get the 32GB 5s. This is really a harder decision than getting my 5c was. The 5c was the first iPhone I didn't seriously abhor from first sight....

My daughter loves her 5C... whether or not Apple continues the trend in the coming year, I’m sure there will be a device and, possibly, a set of cases or accessories to fill the space carved out by the 5C if there’s no 6C.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My daughter loves her 5C... whether or not Apple continues the trend in the coming year, I?m sure there will be a device and, possibly, a set of cases or accessories to fill the space carved out by the 5C if there?s no 6C.

Yeah that's true. I'll definitely be on board for the smallest screen 6(x). Perhaps 5s. What color does your daughter have?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
She got the white one. And the green and the blue "connect four" cases...

I have the blue and black covers like that. I'd never heard them called connect four cases, haha. It's fitting though.

I still wish they'd released black too.
I hope they bring back a darker black variant for the 6....

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Nope I wouldn't miss it. I was disappointed when they replaced the iphone 5 with that thing to be honest

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Had two 5c's stop by yesterday it was a surprise my girlfriends daughter and boyfriend bought them coming from G3's there really green when it comes to iOS I spent most of the night teaching iphone 101 but there really happy with them and I enjoyed the feel and look of the blue and white model

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I think the 5c is a great device, just to remake the 5 into a plastic 5 I didn't much care for. I liked the aluminum body much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think Apple should use the 5C colors on the next iPhone if there is no 6C. The aluminum and glass would be different colors and I think it would look so cool.

This post was made by Tiffany

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't get people that say the 5C is just a repackaged 5....I've had both and currently carry a white 5C, and I can tell differences however small they are. The pics ARE just a touch better, and as I've said in another thread, the call quality is a step up from the 5, at least to these ears. I would miss the 6C, as a consumer, having more options means everybody wins. Not everybody prefers metal bodies.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I think Apple should use the 5C colors on the next iPhone if there is no 6C. The aluminum and glass would be different colors and I think it would look so cool.

This post was made by Tiffany

:-( No, I apologize, but we just can't allow that. The ghost of Steve Jobs said no too.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 