iPhone 5c, old technology?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
When the 5c was released, someone mentioned to me that it was 'old' technology, i.e. the iPhone 5 wrapped in a different cover. I don't believe so, but, what are YOUR thoughts?

Thanks

Ivan

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The 5c has a newer generation cellular radio covering more LTE bands. Otherwise, it specs same as the iPhone5.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
In spite of it having the same specs, its a great phone. I got my daughter one, my son has the 5 and the 5C seems to move a tad faster. Very solid device

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I guess no matter what, within a few months or some, Apple will probably release another device, and I'd still be 'behind the times', per se' :)

At the same time, I'm guessing those with the 5s, having 64bit and a faster processor would come in handy for games and the likes. I don't particularly use my device as a media device or gaming. I'm more of an email, text and on occasion a social media person.

Based on that, if I got the 5s, I'd almost be wasting power, no? It would be like owning a Maserati and never putting it through its paces. Hmm, interesting...

nabans

Banned
Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I guess no matter what, within a few months or some, Apple will probably release another device, and I'd still be 'behind the times', per se' :)

At the same time, I'm guessing those with the 5s, having 64bit and a faster processor would come in handy for games and the likes. I don't particularly use my device as a media device or gaming. I'm more of an email, text and on occasion a social media person.

Based on that, if I got the 5s, I'd almost be wasting power, no? It would be like owning a Maserati and never putting it through its paces. Hmm, interesting...

That's the reason why I'm still using iPhone 4 and instead of upgrading my iPhone, I bought iPad Air because I do a lot of web surfing (for which I need a larger screen) along with social media stuff and emails. Regarding iPhone 5C, I agree with kch50428.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

The 5S is future proof. I think this one is going to last a long time. Up to iOS 11 or whatever Apple chooses to call it. :)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

Based on what you're going to use it for, I'd day it's the perfect device for you. I have one as my work line and it works perfect. Tons of email and text use as well as calls and I can usually make it all day without having to charge it. Plus for $50, you can beat that. GL

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To most people, the 5c was just a re-bodied iPhone 5. There were a few features added to it...LTE antenna, new battery and better front camera, but it was still the same phone at it's core.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
The 5S is future proof. I think this one is going to last a long time. Up to iOS 11 or whatever Apple chooses to call it. :)

iOS 11.....Every iPhone is future proof for at least 3 to 4 years. The iPhone 4 is still getting iOS updates as they roll out.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't call it old technology by any means. It may not be their newest chips, but it's still very good. I have no complaints about my 5 - well, not related to the tech. :)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't consider the 5C "old tech". It can still get the job done.

If a user doesn't play a lot of games or media etc. Having a 5S isn't a waste of power. I believe Dev's couldn't develop on a 5S until it came out and it's only been out 3 months. So they are developing for a new iOS and a new processor.

I have no idea how idea how devs will take advantage of 64 bit but they will find a way they always do. So there may be future features of basic apps that take advantage of 64 bit that make the basic iPhone experience even more enjoyable.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
i will say I didn't think i would care much for the fingerprint scanner but i actually really like it and find myself annoyed when I have to enter my code

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro