Is the iPhone 5c worth it?

Skatophilia

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I am currently a BlackBerry user and my term is coming up in the new year. While I am a die hard BlackBerry junkie I don't mind "treading the waters" and was thinking about trying something new. was just wondering what you guys thought of the iPhone 5c and would you recommend it? I don't really want to get a 5s as i feel like the price as well as the fignerprint scanner is a little out of reach and unnecessary for me. but i'd like you hear your guys' thoughts.

Thanks!

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My fianc? had the 5C for about a month and he loved the structure of the phone. The new iOS, but while he did love it, he is a diehard android fan. Ended up trading back to the htc one. But says it was one of his favorite phones if the htc never existed.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
How many hrs can you get out of it?

All depends on your usage, I think there is a thread on here discussing the battery life of everyone who owns a 5C. It ranges depending of how much heavy using your doing on it. Anywhere from 4-24 hours and that's usage and average standby time. It all varies by a lot of different various scenarios.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It's a very nice phone. But remember, finger scanner is not the only difference. That A7 chip in the 5s is a animal. Something the 5c can't touch.

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I would say yes, we have a 5c in the household and it's a great little powerful phone don't let the size fool ya.
However battery life is an issue for me. The 5c is mainly used for writing in Pages a music player workout phone and gamer.
I use a BB Q10 as my main phone and the 5c fills the void of the things my BB cant do and vice versa.
It was purchased when they hit the market and for what I use it for I have found no issues or dislikes thus far.
I mentioned battery life which I'm sure varies by user for what I do, I get about 6 - 8 hours and that's music onboard and streaming gaming GPS commuting video chatting news reading.

You don't mention which BB you have qwerty or full touchscreen?
Coming from a physical keyboard I am still getting used to this keyboard and often find myself using the microphone for dictation.
But it's my social phone haven't even set up email on it.

Last edited:

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I think no matter which BlackBerry you are coming from, you'll likely enjoy the iPhone 5 series of devices (5/5C/5S). They are all solid performers in my opinion with the 5 and 5C being a bit more similar obviously. If you're coming from BBOS, it will be a substantial upgrade in every single way. If you're coming from BB10, you'll be familiar with the back gestures already, plus you have a plethora of high quality apps at your disposal. So still a nice update in my opinion either way. :)

Skatophilia

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
You don't mention which BB you have qwerty or full touchscreen?
Coming from a physical keyboard I am still getting used to this keyboard and often find myself using the microphone for dictation.
But it's my social phone haven't even set up email on it.

Im still on OS7, and have the curve 9360 :tongue:

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
When I left BBerry for apple I wasn't sure I was gonna like it. I am now (5yrs later) and apple fanboy. You will not regret either the 5s or 5c. I never thought I'd leave BBerry, but now I'd NEVER go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I cam from a long line of BlackBerry phones as well. I was considering the iPhone 5s or BlackBerry Q10 for my next upgrade.

Because of the price, feel and look, I went with the 5c. I am satisfied with it. It's fast, great camera, awesome apps and keyboard is easy to adapt to.

Battery life is better than my 9930.

Dmaki650

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
With light to average usage I can squeeze out 2 and 1/2 days outta of the battery on my iPhone 5c. Keep in mind I said LIGHT don't go Dixie Chicken me over that. Personally if gaming is not important go with the 5C. It's a fantastic phone.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
With light to average usage I can squeeze out 2 and 1/2 days outta of the battery on my iPhone 5c. Keep in mind I said LIGHT don't go Dixie Chicken me over that. Personally if gaming is not important go with the 5C. It's a fantastic phone.

A die hard blackberry fan is not a light user. My 5s in on the charger as much as possible because using the iPhone as intended uses battery.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I am/was an advid Blackberry (8330,9650,9930,Z10) user as well. I decided to "test" the waters as well and couldn't be happier. I decided to go with the 5s, however the 5c appears to be a good device as well. I would say YES, the iphone 5c is worth it. I still have my Z10 and to compare the batteries is difficult because I'm not reall using the Z10 except for BBM and a few phone calls now and then since I got my Gold iphone 5s. I'm still trying to figure out what took me so long to switch....The iphone just works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh