What carrier has the iPhone for the cheapest price?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on Verizon, I have unlimited data. I have two upgrades ready but soon as I upgrade I lose my unlimited data. Buying two iPhones at full retail is too much. I was thinking about leaving Verizon, once my contract is up at the end of December.

Does anyone know what carrier is offering the iPhone 5s for the cheapest price? I'd like to get a 5s and the wife wants a 5c. I was at Target last night and saw the iPhone 4S for a cent, was hoping that some kind of deal like that is out there for the new iPhones. Also, I have a Barclay Credit Card and was wondering if the Apple store will allow you to use the card to purchase iPhones? There are so many stores like BB, Target, etc offering certain deals, I just need some recommendations and figure out the best solution.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can use your credit card to purchase an iPhone as long as there is enough available credit to purchase it. As for deals, I highly doubt you're going to find the 5C and 5S selling for a penny with a two year contract. You will merely have to keep checking on prices in your area.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you looking to go Prepaid, or does it matter?

If you can go prepaid, and T-Mobile has good coverage in your area, go for it.

I don't know where you live, but around here, every Walmart sells the 5's for 97 cents, the 5C for 49.99, and the 5S for 99.99 on AT&T and Sprint. Target has those prices around me as well, while at the AT&T store near me, the prices for the 5C and 5S are 99.99 and 199.99, respectively.

Poke around, I'm sure you'll be able to find a good deal.

kona314

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Ultimately, it's not about carrier. Put concisely, other retailers like Target and Walmart and going to have cheaper prices than through Apple or carriers, so look around there. The exception is T-Mobile: buying through them will allow you to make a down payment and ~$27 monthly payments (depends on what storage capacity and iPhone model you want), but on the full retail price of the phone.

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I just started looking for a 5C for my son for Christmas, and checked out the AT&T website. It looks like the deal is dead already. Will probably try to get one during one of the Black Friday deals, though I'd prefer to get him a 32GB so that there's plenty of room for a music collection. Most of the deals appear to be on 16GB versions.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I just started looking for a 5C for my son for Christmas, and checked out the AT&T website. It looks like the deal is dead already. Will probably try to get one during one of the Black Friday deals, though I'd prefer to get him a 32GB so that there's plenty of room for a music collection. Most of the deals appear to be on 16GB versions.

How much of a music collection will he likely have? On my 5C, I have 144 songs, a chunk of about 15 downloaded applictions, about 100 photos, and I've only downed about 2.5 GB. While it's not a lot of stuff, it holds me pretty well, and, let's be honest. Will he really have a large amount of music that he listens to a lot? I actually find my 144 songs overkill, haha.

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did a check of his iPod touch, and he's at just over 12GB now (incl. music, photos and apps but no video). It's one of the non-Retina touches, so I assume some of the apps for the Retina will be larger. If something like the $99 for 32GB AT&T deal comes back up, I'll likely go for that. Otherwise, some of the current (and Black Friday) $49 for 16GB deals may be the way to go.

The way I'm looking at it is given that we'll be locked in for 2 years, the "cost" of the phone will be 24 x $30 (the cost of adding him to the family plan) = $720 + the subsidized cost of the phone. Hmm...now that I think about it, maybe I should just bite the bullet and go with the larger capacity...

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you looking to go Prepaid, or does it matter?

If you can go prepaid, and T-Mobile has good coverage in your area, go for it.

I don't know where you live, but around here, every Walmart sells the 5's for 97 cents, the 5C for 49.99, and the 5S for 99.99 on AT&T and Sprint. Target has those prices around me as well, while at the AT&T store near me, the prices for the 5C and 5S are 99.99 and 199.99, respectively.

Poke around, I'm sure you'll be able to find a good deal.

I need a family plan, we only have two phones though, so I really dont know what to do. We have Verizon family share plan (1400min/unl data) until December 29th. I'm going to lose my unlimited data no matter what. If I upgrade my phones through VZW I lose unlimited and if I move to another carrier I'm stuck with a expensive data plan. Full retail price is my only option to stay with unlimited data but I don't have $1000+ on me at the moment LOL. So I got to find a carrier with the best data tier plan prices and find a carrier that has the cheapest iPhone 5s & 5c. Whether I switch my carrier at Target, Walmart, etc I don't care, I just need to find the best deal.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on Verizon, I have unlimited data. I have two upgrades ready but soon as I upgrade I lose my unlimited data. Buying two iPhones at full retail is too much. I was thinking about leaving Verizon, once my contract is up at the end of December.

Does anyone know what carrier is offering the iPhone 5s for the cheapest price? I'd like to get a 5s and the wife wants a 5c. I was at Target last night and saw the iPhone 4S for a cent, was hoping that some kind of deal like that is out there for the new iPhones. Also, I have a Barclay Credit Card and was wondering if the Apple store will allow you to use the card to purchase iPhones? There are so many stores like BB, Target, etc offering certain deals, I just need some recommendations and figure out the best solution.

Look at sprint. U port ur number. U get the iPhone at 100 dollars less and if u like I can guide to a employee account

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I need a family plan, we only have two phones though, so I really dont know what to do. We have Verizon family share plan (1400min/unl data) until December 29th. I'm going to lose my unlimited data no matter what. If I upgrade my phones through VZW I lose unlimited and if I move to another carrier I'm stuck with a expensive data plan. Full retail price is my only option to stay with unlimited data but I don't have $1000+ on me at the moment LOL. So I got to find a carrier with the best data tier plan prices and find a carrier that has the cheapest iPhone 5s & 5c. Whether I switch my carrier at Target, Walmart, etc I don't care, I just need to find the best deal.

I have 4 lines and all 4 have unlimited data. And I pay about 150 before tax. So like 175 for 4 lines. U can get a plan like the first line is 105 and the second is 25.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have 4 lines and all 4 have unlimited data. And I pay about 150 before tax. So like 175 for 4 lines. U can get a plan like the first line is 105 and the second is 25.

I would love to go w/ Sprint but I can't even get LTE in my area with them. I looked on there map and I only get 3G, why pay for a 4G LTE phone when you can even use the data? Verizon, T-Mobile & AT&T have LTE in my area. Unlimited 3G data doesn't sound good to me.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

The 5c in blue or white is available at Walmart for $45.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Also I had to give up my unlimited data. It was tough and now I have to watch my usage. I have a Verizon Share Everything plan with unlimited talk and text and 4 GB of data for 110/month.

I think there are plans that don't include mobile hospital that give you 5GB for the same price.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same boat. But ran the data tool and was only using average month 2GB of data. The new family share with 2GB was the same cost I was paying before. Staying with verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlstyx

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have Verizon. I also have 1400 minutes share plan and unlimited data. I allowed my contract to expire and my unlimited data continues. They don't automatically take it away if your contract expires, it's if you upgrade phones. You have a couple options: Save up and buy phones cash-you can find Verizon phones on craigslist or ebay. You simply switch your service to the new phone, simple, and they don't mess with your service and you don't have to worry about "upgrading" your phone. I saved up some money and bought my iPhones at the Apples store. I got brand new phones through planning ahead and squirreling away some money, then I didn't have to "upgrade". The salesmen at Verizon will do everything in their power to talk you out of your unlimited data, don't fall for it. If you get a phone at Verizon, you have to lose your unlimited data, so buy it elsewhere. The salesmen tell you, "you only averaged x amount of data". But they don't tell you that on the new LTE network when you upgrade phones, it uses more data. So, if you were averaging 2GB per month as they tell you, when you upgrade phones, you will be using more than that, then that's where they nail you because you gave up the unlimited data. So, in a nutshell, don't fall for Verizon's ploys, get your phone elsewhere if you want to stay with verizon and simply change service to the new phones. Check out T-mobile, you can bring your Verizon phones to them, or pay monthly payments toward a new iPhone, they also offer unlimited talk, text, and data. I will be switching to T-Mobile, even though I have Verizon's unlimited data, just because Verizon has gotten too big to care about their "little customers" and act like their customers are beneath them, and they charge outrageous prices, over $300 for me and my wife. $140 for T-Mobile unlimited everything. In the DC metro, T-Mobile works great. Hope this helps a little.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have Verizon. I also have 1400 minutes share plan and unlimited data. I allowed my contract to expire and my unlimited data continues. They don't automatically take it away if your contract expires, it's if you upgrade phones. You have a couple options: Save up and buy phones cash-you can find Verizon phones on craigslist or ebay. You simply switch your service to the new phone, simple, and they don't mess with your service and you don't have to worry about "upgrading" your phone. I saved up some money and bought my iPhones at the Apples store. I got brand new phones through planning ahead and squirreling away some money, then I didn't have to "upgrade". The salesmen at Verizon will do everything in their power to talk you out of your unlimited data, don't fall for it. If you get a phone at Verizon, you have to lose your unlimited data, so buy it elsewhere. The salesmen tell you, "you only averaged x amount of data". But they don't tell you that on the new LTE network when you upgrade phones, it uses more data. So, if you were averaging 2GB per month as they tell you, when you upgrade phones, you will be using more than that, then that's where they nail you because you gave up the unlimited data. So, in a nutshell, don't fall for Verizon's ploys, get your phone elsewhere if you want to stay with verizon and simply change service to the new phones. Check out T-mobile, you can bring your Verizon phones to them, or pay monthly payments toward a new iPhone, they also offer unlimited talk, text, and data. I will be switching to T-Mobile, even though I have Verizon's unlimited data, just because Verizon has gotten too big to care about their "little customers" and act like their customers are beneath them, and they charge outrageous prices, over $300 for me and my wife. $140 for T-Mobile unlimited everything. In the DC metro, T-Mobile works great. Hope this helps a little.

Were looking to get iPhones too. I have a Barclaycard or an Apple credit card if you will.

When I went to the Apple store I swear the rep said I couldn't purchase iPhones from the Apple store at full retail price then go and put them on Verizon thus keeping my unlimited data. Are you telling me that's what you did? If so I could pay for the phones, half $ on my CC and half with cash.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73