5C Price Slashed to $49.99 after three weeks? Did it FLUNK?

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It's funny that the same discussions go on whenever BlackBerry devices were discounted in the past! Ha

In any case, I'm waiting for the next price reduction! I hope Amazon does a sale on the 5c, because I'm set on it!

Popcorn-Billy

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Not so much flunk as Apple tried to meet a need that had already been met. Folks who wanted an iPhone 5 already had one. Why then flood the market with cheap polycarbonate version? It's marketing to urban girly cool, just like the iOS 7 interface.

IMO, they should have spent the money on development of a camera that would have competed with the one on the Nokia Lumia 1020.

My $0.02 and worth every penny.

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I think Apple did an amazing job with iOS 7. It's probably the most popular Mobile OS ever. They managed to give it a new look and feel without affecting the familiarity. They main reason I came back to apple from Android was iOS 7.

Honestly if someone needs a better camera then this for quick pictures they should consider carrying a dslr.

Not so much flunk as Apple tried to meet a need that had already been met. Folks who wanted an iPhone 5 already had one. Why then flood the market with cheap polycarbonate version? It's marketing to urban girly cool, just like the iOS 7 interface.

IMO, they should have spent the money on development of a camera that would have competed with the one on the Nokia Lumia 1020.

My $0.02 and worth every penny.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why call anyone troll for expressing their opinion? Even i agree that iphone 5C has FLUNKED, Apple should have followed the normal routine and reduced the price of iphone 5 instead of trying to boost margins further by going for iphone 5C.

LOL!...even you huh? Wow, I must have been way off the map. Had I known you thought it flunked too, my opinion would have been totally different!

#notsarcasmatall

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if the color choices are also making people hesitate. Just a thought.

I would say yes. I personally considered the 5C... but most of the colors are a little too bright for my tastes. I like them, but I personally don't know if I could live with one of the brighter colors, like green. I do like the White 5C though... and I wish they would have done an orange one.

I think they should offer a range of darker hues as well. Royal Blue. (Product) Red. Maybe an army/Olive Green, or forest green. Gunmetal Grey or Black.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say yes. I personally considered the 5C... but most of the colors are a little too bright for my tastes.

It's a good thing I've wanted an obnoxiously colored phone for ages. Color isn't for everyone, but having the option is a breath of fresh air. It'd be neat to see Apple do something like Moto Maker.

MisterMe11

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I'm not fond of any of the colors, personally - but some dark shades could look quite nice.

I would say yes. I personally considered the 5C... but most of the colors are a little too bright for my tastes. I like them, but I personally don't know if I could live with one of the brighter colors, like green. I do like the White 5C though... and I wish they would have done an orange one.

I think they should offer a range of darker hues as well. Royal Blue. (Product) Red. Maybe an army/Olive Green, or forest green. Gunmetal Grey or Black.

fluppyboy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Even i agree that iphone 5C has FLUNKED, Apple should have followed the normal routine and reduced the price of iphone 5 instead of trying to boost margins further by going for iphone 5C.

The iPhone 5 would have been priced EXACTLY the same as the 5C! Just like the 4S was last year. Not to mention that the 5C is the better phone - more LTE bands, better iSight camera, larger and longer-lasting battery, etc), so you actually get more for your money.

The 5C hasn't flunked - it's neck and neck with the Samsung Galaxy S4, battling for second place in the marketplace!

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
People who bought the phone should know that, unlike android phones 5 or 6 months old, apple will continue to support the 5C for years to come with updates, etc. I have the blue 5C and I love it.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think Apple did an amazing job with iOS 7. It's probably the most popular Mobile OS ever. They managed to give it a new look and feel without affecting the familiarity. They main reason I came back to apple from Android was iOS 7.

Honestly if someone needs a better camera then this for quick pictures they should consider carrying a dslr.

Why carry a bulky DSLR when you can get the Lumia. What you said makes sense only in the absence of better alternatives, which is not the case here (for smartphone cameras).

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 5 would have been priced EXACTLY the same as the 5C! Just like the 4S was last year. Not to mention that the 5C is the better phone - more LTE bands, better iSight camera, larger and longer-lasting battery, etc), so you actually get more for your money.

The 5C hasn't flunked - it's neck and neck with the Samsung Galaxy S4, battling for second place in the marketplace!

Only the front camera is slightly better, and the battery difference is too small to really matter. This is not like going from an 1800 to 2100mah battery... Its a really really small bump. Almost ignorable.

The LTE bands are worth mentioning. It can help resale value, assuming you have a white phone. Any thing else is too polarizing to risk if you want to resale. The color choices are the most disappointing thing about this phone. They're actually kind of hideous (to me).

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Now let's not go overboard, ok?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just came from my local Apple store. I had about 30 minutes to kill while they replaced the screen on my 5. I finally had the opportunity to check out the 5S and the 5C. I can say that while I would prefer the 5S because I want the best technology available, the 5C is a very nice phone. I was shocked at how good in felt in the hand. That is not the (insert other company) plastic phone. It is made well. It felt very sturdy and looked great. I thought the colors looked great too. I had my kids with me so they were playing with the iPods and iPad mini's, you know, dreaming of Xmas. The 5C's were right there so I watched as no less than 5 were sold in that 30 minute time frame. I can't be 100% sure but in appeared that at 3 of those went to parents buying for a teenager. The other two I assume went to the buyer, one a man and the other a woman. Now, I know that small sample can't verify anything other than I can confirm that five 5C's have been sold in Beachwood, Ohio, however, it appears that the response is pretty good around here.

I would also like to say that I am always amazed at how that Apple store is always so crazy busy. Doesn't seem to matter what day of the week it is. It is at a level of busy that other stores only get during the holiday season. Oh, and everyone is always happy. One more thing. I had another fantastic experience with the Genius Bar. In and out in about 35 minutes with a new screen. Awesome. iPhone 5 feels like new.

Bottom line is I really don't think the 5C is a flop. It should be expected that the 5S will outsell it by a wide margin in the first months after release. I think the play for the 5C is long term.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2