And I crazy? Returned my 5s for a 5c....

Dramer77

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So on launch day i purchased a 32g space grey 5s, beautiful phone... Im a long time apple user and always loved the build of the 3g/gs.. So after a few days i got to thinking, the 5s is a amazing device.. But i got to the realization that the added features of the S over the C were not really worth the extra money for me.. the fingerprint scanner is cool, but i have no real need for it.. The faster processor is amazing, but i dont play many games on the iphone never really have so im not gonna see the real advantages of it over the A6.. and the camera in all reality is only slightly better except for low light with the flash.. and i also realized i dont load much music onto it anymore since ive been using pandora and itunes radio mostly..I mainly use Fb and other social apps and take pictures, So i began weighing the pro's and cons.. is it really worth having a 5s just to say i have a 5s, we always like to have the best latest and greatest top of the line device, but is it really worth $200 more than a 16g 5c? No not for me.. so i returned the S for the C and i couldnt be happier! i love the feel of the 5C and i have noticed no real difference in real world average usage..

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Not crazy at all. The 5C is a really good device. And coming from an iPhone 5 I can say it performs very well. I wouldn't mind having a 5C as my daily driver.

mrlyons841

May 27, 2013
Visit site
So on launch day i purchased a 32g space grey 5s, beautiful phone... Im a long time apple user and always loved the build of the 3g/gs.. So after a few days i got to thinking, the 5s is a amazing device.. But i got to the realization that the added features of the S over the C were not really worth the extra money for me.. the fingerprint scanner is cool, but i have no real need for it.. The faster processor is amazing, but i dont play many games on the iphone never really have so im not gonna see the real advantages of it over the A6.. and the camera in all reality is only slightly better except for low light with the flash.. and i also realized i dont load much music onto it anymore since ive been using pandora and itunes radio mostly..I mainly use Fb and other social apps and take pictures, So i began weighing the pro's and cons.. is it really worth having a 5s just to say i have a 5s, we always like to have the best latest and greatest top of the line device, but is it really worth $200 more than a 16g 5c? No not for me.. so i returned the S for the C and i couldnt be happier! i love the feel of the 5C and i have noticed no real difference in real world average usage..

What color did you get? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone 5

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i've been eligible for an upgrade for some time now and i'm having a tough time deciding between the 5S and 5C. I currently have a 4S. I think i'm leaning more towards the 5C

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a 5 and I went to the Apple store to see the new iPhones, the C feel better in my hand because of the round edges and the plastic case, My 5 doesn't feel has good because of the "cold metal casing" and square edges. I'm a basic user so I don't go crazy over the specs. You made a good choice.

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the report. I am looking at upgrading my wife's phone from a 3s to a 5c, but I have gone back and forth about getting the best thing apple has to offer. Since my wife plays basic games, texts, calls, emails, browses and does the facebook, the 5c should be all she needs (and is a huge step up from what she has now).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it makes you happier, all the better. For clarity though, while many of the things you mentioned are a personal opinion type deal...the camera on the 5S is significantly better than that found on the iPhone 5/5c...the premium features alone push it to that level, the functionality of it just extends the lead. People who don't use the camera as much as others do will probably stick with the idea that the iPhone 5/5c's camera is just fine, but in reality, the 5S's camera is a significant improvement, whether you use the features or not.

Dramer77

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the report. I am looking at upgrading my wife's phone from a 3s to a 5c, but I have gone back and forth about getting the best thing apple has to offer. Since my wife plays basic games, texts, calls, emails, browses and does the facebook, the 5c should be all she needs (and is a huge step up from what she has now).

Just get the c it's more than enough for most people... I have noticed no speed difference between the S/C from normal usage

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's not really a $200 difference. You said 16gb 5c vs 32gb 5s. You could have gotten a 16gb 5s and compared to if it's worth a 100 more. Can't compare price difference based on different gb

Dramer77

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If it makes you happier, all the better. For clarity though, while many of the things you mentioned are a personal opinion type deal...the camera on the 5S is significantly better than that found on the iPhone 5/5c...the premium features alone push it to that level, the functionality of it just extends the lead. People who don't use the camera as much as others do will probably stick with the idea that the iPhone 5/5c's camera is just fine, but in reality, the 5S's camera is a significant improvement, whether you use the features or not.

I use the camera a lot, and I read several comparisons between the 5-5c-5s. And your kidding yourself if you think it's THAT much better.. Yes it has slightly bigger pixels so low light is alittle better and you can do slomo video which I don't really use...sharpness is alittle better on the s, but it's not night n day... I've owned both phones and I speak from experience , and I use to do photography on the side with my DSLR, I did portrait photography etc.. So I know a thing or 2 about picture quality...

Everyone gets so hyped up because it's the latest and greatest they lose sight of reality

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The 5c looks and feels great I like the colors but it's just not me, the colors. Getting what you want and what appeals to you if it's price or function is never a downgrade.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
The 5c looks and feels great I like the colors but it's just not me, the colors. Getting what you want and what appeals to you if it's price or function is never a downgrade.

True, I went white, because black was absent as an option. The bright colours aren't really my thing.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

sounds perfectly reasonable, be a good husband and go get her one, she'll love it!