And I crazy? Returned my 5s for a 5c....

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted the 5s at first but as I played around with the 5c I liked the feel of it a lot more than the 5s and I also liked the look. While I am conscious about specs I still found the 5c to be a solid performer running iOS 7. That and the 100 price difference to get 32 gigabytes of storage made the 5c a good choice for my girlfriend and I.

As for the speed of the processor on the 5s, I'm sure it (or something on par) will find its way into the 5c next year. Will it be called the iPhone CS?

Dramer77

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not really a $200 difference. You said 16gb 5c vs 32gb 5s. You could have gotten a 16gb 5s and compared to if it's worth a 100 more. Can't compare price difference based on different gb

its a $200 difference in my case which was my example, heck i see best buy is now offering the 5c with a $50 gift card so its 49 bucks

anon(26204)

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a 32gb 5s last night and after having a 5c prior to that, I can honestly say that I prefer a 5c instead. The feel of the 5c felt more durable to me and I like the different colors they all come in.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
i have a iphone5 and have even thought my self of looking into a white 5C just so i dont have to use a case cause its plastic instead of aluminum

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
its a shame the 5C do not come with a 64 gb alternative.
I prefer the 5C design much more than the boring and rigid 5S design but I cannot live on 32 gb alone.
Have tried to limit to under 32 gb on my 4S but it is impossible if I want it to be usable in my daily life with camera and listening to music/podcasts.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't considered the 5c until I read this thread!

Coming from a BlackBerry, I probably won't notice if it's slower than a 5 or 5s, right?

The major differences are:

Plastic
Camera
Speed

Is this right?!

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven't considered the 5c until I read this thread!

Coming from a BlackBerry, I probably won't notice if it's slower than a 5 or 5s, right?

The major differences are:

Plastic
Camera
Speed

Is this right?!

I can't comment on the camera since I came from android back to iphone so I can't comment on the 5S or previous iphone camera comparisions.

When it comes to speed, I can play asphalt 8 with absolutely no slowdowns on my 5C and haven't noticed any slowdowns doing anything as well.

Plastic feels really good and when I held both the 5S and the 5C when deciding which one to get, the plastic felt much better in the hands than the aluminum 5S. the 5C feels more sturdy & durable than most android phones I used as well (htc one, GS3).

I highly recommend, if you can, go to an apple store and try the 5S & 5C for yourself. also hold them in the your hand and feels what better for you. Only you can make the decision of which feels feels right for you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I use the camera a lot, and I read several comparisons between the 5-5c-5s. And your kidding yourself if you think it's THAT much better.. Yes it has slightly bigger pixels so low light is alittle better and you can do slomo video which I don't really use...sharpness is alittle better on the s, but it's not night n day... I've owned both phones and I speak from experience , and I use to do photography on the side with my DSLR, I did portrait photography etc.. So I know a thing or 2 about picture quality...

Everyone gets so hyped up because it's the latest and greatest they lose sight of reality

I've not lost sight of anything bud, and I'm certainly not kidding myself...the proof is right in front of my eyes. The fact that you said "slightly better pixels" in regard to the low light photos from the 5S is why it's better tells me all I need to know about your knowledge on the subject. Your responses to every feature on the 5S is the same old "it's not THAT much better", and that's funny, coming from the person using the 5c...you have the lower tier phone, accept that there are features that are better up top.

The proof is in the pudding, the 5S's camera is a significantly upgraded option...the 5c has a great camera, the 5S has a better camera. Here's one very clear example...it encompasses the low light processing power, the light balance control and the color saturation control under many different lighting situations at the same time...

iPhone 5/5c...
16cUYOB.jpg

iPhone 5S...
Q2KtlMP.jpg

...look, I understand that people who own a 5c are very happy with their camera, and for good reason, having lived with that camera for over a year with the iPhone 5, it's certainly one of the best cameras in the smart phone world. But let's speak about losing touch with reality...the 5S is the premium tier phone here, and it has the premium tier camera...it is better, it takes better pictures, it has better features (a quite a few of them at that!)...the burst mode itself is a significant improvement that not many people are talking about...since you mentioned your experience with DSLR cameras, isn't it nice to be able to take action shots in the way that those cameras can? The 5S offers a MUCH closer experience to that in this nature, and that's just one new feature! LOL.

And let's not start the d*ck swinging about having experience with photography...you don't want to go there.

Last edited:

mrb666

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Here's one for all. I'm due an upgrade. After reading about the iPhone 6 with the expected larger screen (last thing I want is a larger iPhone) I have decided to pick an iPhone that I will keep for some time. Here's my question which one ???? The 5s (gold) 32gig or the 5c ??? I love the feel of the 5c but the power of the 5s?!?! I run a business which carries a contract for all phones with one provider. They are keen to have me renew but I'm having problems picking Help Me!!!!!!!!

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
There's some good things in here for the research I'm doing. Currently on on iPhone 5 and I've been sitting on an upgrade for a while. I keep thinking about holding out for a larger screen next year...but, the more I think about it, and the more I think about what I use my phone for, the more I keep thinking that a 4 inch screen is perfect for MY needs. In turn, a colleague came to work today and she upgraded to a 5C last night and let me mess around with it a little.

I don't know if it's just having a different material in my hands, or what...but, the 5C looks and feels fan-freakin-tastic! I love it. Never thought I would after having the all aluminum 5 in my hands for so long, but I'm sold. I don't get all caught up on internals at all, so that's not a problem for me but man....I love the feel and look of the 5C. Going to get one today in white.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I want to buy the new 5c but the only thing That I want to Know is : Is it strong with the plastic?

Envoy? de mon iPhone ? l'aide de Tapatalk

-During the small amount of time I held one it feels very, very solid. Also....it's somehow less slippery than the 5/5S...like it would be harder to carelessly drop from my hands. It's slightly heavier than a 5/5S but it's built very, very solid.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Here's one for all. I'm due an upgrade. After reading about the iPhone 6 with the expected larger screen (last thing I want is a larger iPhone) I have decided to pick an iPhone that I will keep for some time. Here's my question which one ???? The 5s (gold) 32gig or the 5c ??? I love the feel of the 5c but the power of the 5s?!?! I run a business which carries a contract for all phones with one provider. They are keen to have me renew but I'm having problems picking Help Me!!!!!!!!

for what it's worth I would recommend going with your gut ;-) they're both quality phones and neither of them will let you down specs wise. I'm totally with you when it comes to screen size, so go for one now, I would venture the guess that iPhone6's main 'feature' will be the screen size so a 5S or 5C should deliver the goods for quite some time.
I myself own both the 5 and 5C and for now am sold on the C. I've been a huge fan of my 5 for a very long time (it's sleek and beautiful) but right now the C just feels nicer in my palm. Apart from that you may want to take into consideration that the C CAN outperform the S in terms of battery. Pretty sure that not all units do, but all that I have seen so far are usually C battery>S battery. Of course the chip is 'inferior' to the S, that said I run all the apps (games) I have on my new retina iPad mini (A7 chip) on the 5C too and not one of them stutters or gives me a less pleasurable experience ;) . So what you might notice in day to day use is the better camera with a 5S and/or a better battery with the 5C. Perhaps pick what's more important to you personally and of course which model looks/feels more appealing. Oh and of course there's the difference in pricing. Yes, the S is marginally better in almost every way, but no one will notice unless they actually put both models next to each other and do a meticulous comparison. C is still a top quality phone. Your call :)

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Another thing to think about is touch ID on the 5S. It's something that weighed into my decision in going with the C. For ME, the touch ID aspect of the S was a negative, while others find it a positive. It's just not something I'm interested in on my phone right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2