Holding a 5C in hand feels just right. Really, really solid.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So yesterday when I went to do a pickup of my 5S at the Apple Store, I was looking at the different devices on display while waiting for them to bring my 5S out. I spent the better part of 15 minutes just using the 5C's on display. I gotta say that the 5C has some really, really awesome build quality. What a solid device. The back and the buttons to the switch all being one piece plays a big part in how that device just feels in your hand. The plastic is certainly better quality than most phones that are out there whether they be Samsung or another manufacturer. All I'm saying is that if anyone ever tells you that the 5C feels too cheap for the price it's labeled at, they're full of $hit. I could easily see myself using a 5C for the next year to replace my 5 if I hadn't gotten a 5S.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I like that it actually has some weight in hand. I always out on an Otterbox for added weight and protection, but the 5c would do fine with just a silicone sleeve.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It feels good in hands, it might be the round edges and the plastic feel against the cold metal and square edges of the 5/5S.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for my new iPhone 5S to arrive from AT&T. (Left sprint after 10 years) Anyways I've used the 5 and 5S in which I returned it back to sprint. My friend who works for AT&T let me a borrow a loaner 5C (white) while I wait for my 5s to get here. Let me tell you I'm impressed with the feel of the 5c. In my opinion I prefer the feel of this in my hands over the 5S. If the 5S felt like the 5C it would be even better. Regardless once my 5S gets here I'm giving the 5C back. I'm into technology and always prefer the better phone. To me specs and processor is what matters most.

*iPhone 5S from the mobile APP*

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
The other thing I like about the feel, is the device is so thin, that with a case on it it's still a really nice size.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
The other thing I like about the feel, is the device is so thin, that with a case on it it's still a really nice size.

I agree. I first held it yesterday and was nicely surprised as to how durable it felt. Didn't feel cheap at all as u may expect going to plastic. Just not sold on the colors tho. Will be picking up a 5S next month.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the 5C feels really great in-hand. I was really impressed. It really reminds me of the 3G/3GS days... which I can't remember many people complaining felt cheap.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I took pictures today for the first time on my iphone 5c and it just feels so much easier to take pictures than any android phone I had before. Even managing them (creating albums) was quick & easy.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the 5C feels really great in-hand. I was really impressed. It really reminds me of the 3G/3GS days... which I can't remember many people complaining felt cheap.

Man, I loved the build quality of my 3gs! With every iPhone since the 4, I have been extremely careful about placing the phone down...with the 3gs I had no worries. I loved that phone (very outdated now, of course), and it could take a thump or two!

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Man, I loved the build quality of my 3gs! With every iPhone since the 4, I have been extremely careful about placing the phone down...with the 3gs I had no worries. I loved that phone (very outdated now, of course), and it could take a thump or two!

Totally. With the 3G/3GS, I didn't feel anxious or nervous setting it down on a hard surface. Be it, tile, glass, hard wood, even cement. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't tossing it about carelessly, but I didn't give the plastic back a second thought as to wether or not it could withstand to be casually set down on such a surface.

With the 4/4S, and now the 5/5S... I scramble to set it on a magazine or napkin or some sort of soft buffer if I'm putting it on the kitchen counter or coffee table. With a case (the leather case for the 5S is fantastic) I definitely feel more assured when setting the phone down... but I imagine a 5C, even stark naked, can be handled with less anxiety than the 5S inspires.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I Agree. I was at my local Verizon store last week. I took the opportunity to play with the 5C for a while. It is a solid device, great build quality.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Totally. With the 3G/3GS, I didn't feel anxious or nervous setting it down on a hard surface. Be it, tile, glass, hard wood, even cement. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't tossing it about carelessly, but I didn't give the plastic back a second thought as to wether or not it could withstand to be casually set down on such a surface.

With the 4/4S, and now the 5/5S... I scramble to set it on a magazine or napkin or some sort of soft buffer if I'm putting it on the kitchen counter or coffee table. With a case (the leather case for the 5S is fantastic) I definitely feel more assured when setting the phone down... but I imagine a 5C, even stark naked, can be handled with less anxiety than the 5S inspires.

I am the same way....when I am it work, my 5 sits on top of a stack of post it notes!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro