iPhone 5c forum

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm a bit curious, with the iPhone 5c thread(s) being quieter than the iPhone 5s thread(s), does that mean that we have a worry free device in the iPhone 5c, or is it that less people have bought the iPhone 5c, versus the iPhone 5s?

I have to say, looking at Best Buy and AT&T's inventory, it seems they always have at least one colour variation of the iPhone 5c in stock.

claudeburdel

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit curious, with the iPhone 5c thread(s) being quieter than the iPhone 5s thread(s), does that mean that we have a worry free device in the iPhone 5c, or is it that less people have bought the iPhone 5c, versus the iPhone 5s?
. [/FONT][/COLOR]
i think it's both. Probably fewer people have bought the 5c so far, because the majority of people who rush out to buy iPhones on release day are the same people who are more likely to want the top-tier phone. The 5c was probably targeted more towards non-tech-savvy people who won't be the ones standing in line on release day. (Although I'm sure there were many tech-savvy people who did buy the 5c.) So Apple probably expects that while they did not sell huge numbers on release, there will be a slow but steady demand for them throughout the year. At least that's my guess.

Personally, I've had no problems with my 5c. However I just came from a non-Apple phone, so I can't offer a thorough comparison with the 5. All I can say is that I'm very much enjoying my first high-res screen phone. I'm delighted with the way the Kindle app operates, compared with the totally substandard Kindle experience with Windows Phone. I was worried that my Outlook.com email might not work as well as on the Windows device, but it works flawlessly. The Settings screens seem well-laid-out, the transitions seem smooth and fast, and everything works the way it's supposed to. I know the 5c is thicker than the 5/5s, but to me it seems amazingly thin. The plastic feels great, the curved edges feel more user-friendly, and the color adds a whole new dimension.

Just as I took some offense in some of my previous posts at suggestions that color in itself is feminine, I also take offense at suggestions that I see occasionally that only non-tech-savvy people would be interested in color. Tech-savvy people like colors too! 😄

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Happy people don't come to forums to complain... :D
Were you considering navi complaining about his question? I think he was just asking. He is a member of the CB team of volunteers either a Mod or Ambassador, I don't remember which. Just curious if you took it that way.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have to say, looking at Best Buy and AT&T's inventory, it seems they always have at least one colour variation of the iPhone 5c in stock.
Hey navi, I think pretty much you are right and people are looking for good solid different looking iPhones they can afford. I think the 5C fits a certain group of people on the low end and the 5S on the high end. Either way you have a winner. Good to see you here.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The 5c will sell millions but they people who are rushing out to buy iPhones right now are the hardcore Apple users. They will buy the 5s. The 5c will still out sell any other devices out there on the market by millions. The 5c sold 2-3 million release weekend alone if not more. That is no joke of a device.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The 5c will sell millions but they people who are rushing out to buy iPhones right now are the hardcore Apple users. They will buy the 5s. The 5c will still out sell any other devices out there on the market by millions. The 5c sold 2-3 million release weekend alone if not more. That is no joke of a device.
Sales numbers never lie no matter what the platform of phone are. In this case the iPhone 5C is ahead and will stay ahead.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hard-core users will buy the top of the line ones except in particular circs (like that guy who can't stand the clicking of the new home buttons).

I'll probably suggest to my non-hardcore friends when they're looking to upgrade that they give the 5c a look, tho. Good antenna (pentaband radio, many LTE bands) and therefore portable from carrier to carrier, good build quality.

Can't complain about that.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I bought 5c because when I walked into the apple store they had one I liked. 15 minutes later I was out the door. No lines. No waiting. I am a happy customer.

Sent from somewhere.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I also feel that with the 5c being almost identical to the 5 (minus the casing), there isn't much to touch on. I would almost say merge the 5 and 5c forums.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
The 5c is fine. Minus the dust in the SIM tray I haven't had any problems. Now that I have a screen protector on I can relax and enjoy the device.

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I think the 5c is just a gem to use and very easy once you dive in and spend sometime in its settings pane.
Admittedly when I first purchased mine I wanted answers fast and came here and asked a few.
I think they were how to turn the rear notification off, how to get emoticons in keyboard ( which my 13 year old who has the 5s showed me how ) and how to display the battery percentage.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Not sure really. I guess I was still testing my Z10, and hoping a Z30 would be out soon on AT&T, and thus wanted to save my upgrade. But, also it seemed the iPhone 5s was the one to get, versus the 5c. I guess that's what you get for 'listening' to people and the media :(

Glad to hear that, but if I may, can I ask why you gave it up?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure really. I guess I was still testing my Z10, and hoping a Z30 would be out soon on AT&T, and thus wanted to save my upgrade. But, also it seemed the iPhone 5s was the one to get, versus the 5c. I guess that's what you get for 'listening' to people and the media :(

I love my 5S. I do. But every time I sell a 5C and take it out of the box to activate it, I'm floored but how nice it is to hold. It feels AWESOME.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I will say this, I can't stand the box/packaging that the iPhone 5c comes in. It doesn't add to the elegance of the device. It sort of makes me feel that they are vying for the less fortunate customers...

I love my 5S. I do. But every time I sell a 5C and take it out of the box to activate it, I'm floored but how nice it is to hold. It feels AWESOME.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I will say this, I can't stand the box/packaging that the iPhone 5c comes in. It doesn't add to the elegance of the device. It sort of makes me feel that they are vying for the less fortunate customers...

Lol, like I said, my husband calls it the welfare iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro