Who's rolling naked with their 5c?

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
re:

Deedee, I got my screen protector while I was at the Verizon retailer on Friday and this one I put on doesn't "dumb" down the screen very much - I'm pretty happy with it. A bit pricey at $6.99 for one though. It's called True by megabox21. It was the only thing they had avail that's why I got it right then and there.
View attachment 41002

Sent from my ��PINK-alicious 5C��

Thanks! I might just buy that! :yes::kiss:

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

Rocking an iloome flexible glass protector on the screen now. Way more pleasant feeling than glass. Can hardly tell it's there. I had to adjust how I do my back gesture though. Gives it a little bit of an edge.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
re:

I use a cheap clear case while out but when I'm at home or anywhere I feel the phone is safe I roll naked it just feels great in hand and I feel the case ruins some of the feel to me.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
re:

No case on my blue 5c and I love it. I don't like cases on my phones and having the plastic blue is perfect.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
re:

With the 5C you have to worry about the whole plastic back cracking if dropped. Unlike the chips, or dents in the 5s. But even with that said I think I'd roll naked with the 5C, it feels good in hand and seems durable.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
re:

With the 5C you have to worry about the whole plastic back cracking if dropped. Unlike the chips, or dents in the 5s. But even with that said I think I'd roll naked with the 5C, it feels good in hand and seems durable.
The 5C is awesome in hand without a case-got mine Oct 25th....but I'm sad to say that yesterday, I broke down and purchased one of the Apple holes case for my 5C. While wiping it down yesterday I caught a glare from the light on the back and saw a few very, very minor "brush" type marks/scuffs and i was bummed out. You really have to hit the light at the right angle to see them, but it irks me to know that they're there now (OCD) so I didn't want it to accumulate more, hence my case purchase.

As for the back cracking if dropped - I've heard of 2 people through "the grapevine" so far that dropped their 5C and the front screen shattered but nothing happened to the back. I don't know all the details if a case was used or not, or if they were dropped face down....

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
re:

The 5C is awesome in hand without a case-got mine Oct 25th....but I'm sad to say that yesterday, I broke down and purchased one of the Apple holes case for my 5C. While wiping it down yesterday I caught a glare from the light on the back and saw a few very, very minor "brush" type marks/scuffs and i was bummed out. You really have to hit the light at the right angle to see them, but it irks me to know that they're there now (OCD) so I didn't want it to accumulate more, hence my case purchase.

As for the back cracking if dropped - I've heard of 2 people through "the grapevine" so far that dropped their 5C and the front screen shattered but nothing happened to the back. I don't know all the details if a case was used or not, or if they were dropped face down....

Spigen has some nice cases for the 5C. 😊

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
re:

Spigen has some nice cases for the 5C. ��
Thanks Joe, but I'm actually trying to get "used" to using a case on my 5C now, so getting a 2nd one isn't even in my sights ATM :)

Considering I had a gazillion cases for my 4S, I didn't even want "one" for my C is a real change of pace lol. Ehhh...I guess I'll adjust

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
who's rolling naked with their 5c?

Thanks Joe, but I'm actually trying to get "used" to using a case on my 5C now, so getting a 2nd one isn't even in my sights ATM :)

Considering I had a gazillion cases for my 4S, I didn't even want "one" for my C is a real change of pace lol. Ehhh...I guess I'll adjust

No problem, just a thought for future reference. 😁 I am also not a case person. I picked up the Swiss cheese case at the Apple store, when I bought the phone.
And only because, as good as this phone feels in the hand without one.
I highly doubt it would survive unscathed when dropped on the concrete sidewalk. 😉😊

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
re:

i don't want to roll naked anymore! lol well it was honestly an accident but my heart nearly came out of my chest after hot chocolate being spilled on my precious 5c! i immediately wiped it down with paper towels then put that baby in rice for 24 hours. after that, everything was responsive except for the external speaker. it was very muffled and i thought i was sol because i was over my 14 days to exchange. also, people were telling me that if they find water damage they won't exchange it. i had to convince myself that i was just going to live with this phone on vibrate 24/7.

the other day i walked into target and decided to go to electronics...i immediately spotted the guy who sold me my pink 5c. i told him the speaker was muffled and he tested it then told me to get my box and materials so he can exchange it! i was beyond relieved when he said those words. so now that i have my new 5c i don't want it to be naked anymore. any case suggestions? i kind of like the apple ones, kind. of. i would get the same color tho just because i love it so much.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
who's rolling naked with their 5c?

i don't want to roll naked anymore! lol well it was honestly an accident but my heart nearly came out of my chest after hot chocolate being spilled on my precious 5c! i immediately wiped it down with paper towels then put that baby in rice for 24 hours. after that, everything was responsive except for the external speaker. it was very muffled and i thought i was sol because i was over my 14 days to exchange. also, people were telling me that if they find water damage they won't exchange it. i had to convince myself that i was just going to live with this phone on vibrate 24/7.

the other day i walked into target and decided to go to electronics...i immediately spotted the guy who sold me my pink 5c. i told him the speaker was muffled and he tested it then told me to get my box and materials so he can exchange it! i was beyond relieved when he said those words. so now that i have my new 5c i don't want it to be naked anymore. any case suggestions? i kind of like the apple ones, kind. of. i would get the same color tho just because i love it so much.

Check out www.spigen.com. I bought a tough armor case from them. They make excellent cases for the 5C. Glad things worked out for you deedee. 😊 I actually bought mine from Amazon. Just type in Spigen cases for the 5C.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
re:

Hey deedee !! Well I'm sorry to hear you had a hot cocoa accident but glad you were able to get your pink 5C swapped out !! I just put a case on mine this past Saturday and I chose the Apple hole 5C in pink to match my phone as well. At first I wasn't digging it just because I really didn't want to use a case, but after having it on for a couple of days, I'd recommend this case. It's a firm silicone with leather padding on the inside of it and the case does feel nice to hold because it has a grippy feeling.....and the color matches perfectly to still show off that bold coral pink color ;):D but obviously not water proof. It doesn't add much bulk to the phone itself either:)

Good luck with your case choice !!

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
re:

Hey deedee !! Well I'm sorry to hear you had a hot cocoa accident but glad you were able to get your pink 5C swapped out !! I just put a case on mine this past Saturday and I chose the Apple hole 5C in pink to match my phone as well. At first I wasn't digging it just because I really didn't want to use a case, but after having it on for a couple of days, I'd recommend this case. It's a firm silicone with leather padding on the inside of it and the case does feel nice to hold because it has a grippy feeling.....and the color matches perfectly to still show off that bold coral pink color ;):D but obviously not water proof. It doesn't add much bulk to the phone itself either:)

Good luck with your case choice !!

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀

I was thinking of that case too but now I've made my decision.....definitely picking one up today!

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
re:

i picked up the pink apple case from Target today. as much as i loved my 5c naked i needed a case and i really like it. the feel of it is very nice and most of all I know my 5c is somewhat protected ;)

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
re:

I'm going naked again! Lol well until I find a better case. I couldn't stand the dust/lint that kept getting in the apple case from the holes in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
re:

I'm going naked again! Lol well until I find a better case. I couldn't stand the dust/lint that kept getting in the apple case from the holes in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:DHey deedee, I swear we are on the same wave length here with this !! I also just returned mine back to BestBuy and ordered a Speck candyshell grip in blackberry/pink - rec'd it on Thursday and have been using it since. No need to remove it to clean the dust/lint that gets caught because there's no swiss cheese holes :p. it is a teeny bit thicker of a case than the Apple one, but it is still nice to hold/use when handling the 5C. Also, the buttons for on/off & volume are easier to press than it was with the Apple case. Idk if you noticed (I did) that those buttons seemed harder to press because of the way the case was designed. The Speck one has a softer silicone covering those buttons so its an easier press:)

Btw, if you decide to try out the Speck one, call them and ask about receiving 10% off. (free shipping in USA also)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
re:

:DHey deedee, I swear we are on the same wave length here with this !! I also just returned mine back to BestBuy and ordered a Speck candyshell grip in blackberry/pink - rec'd it on Thursday and have been using it since. No need to remove it to clean the dust/lint that gets caught because there's no swiss cheese holes :p. it is a teeny bit thicker of a case than the Apple one, but it is still nice to hold/use when handling the 5C. Also, the buttons for on/off & volume are easier to press than it was with the Apple case. Idk if you noticed (I did) that those buttons seemed harder to press because of the way the case was designed. The Speck one has a softer silicone covering those buttons so its an easier press:)

Btw, if you decide to try out the Speck one, call them and ask about receiving 10% off. (free shipping in USA also) I'm also considering getting a second color in the candyshell grip.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods