Is it safe to say that every app released over the next year will run just fine on the 5C?

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
So i'm looking to get an Iphone 5C because every phone I have ever bought has been black or silver. The 5C looks fun. I want it.

Now, yes, the 5s is superior, but I don't think the overall experience will be hampered or feel slow on the 5C. That includes games like Infinity Blade III. Is that correct?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So i'm looking to get an Iphone 5C because every phone I have ever bought has been black or silver. The 5C looks fun. I want it.

Now, yes, the 5s is superior, but I don't think the overall experience will be hampered or feel slow on the 5C. That includes games like Infinity Blade III. Is that correct?

The "good ones" will. There’s still a lot of crap in the App Store.

Regarding stuff in the App Store, some of it is awesome, functional and good stuff. Some is total crap that doesn’t run well or at all. I think the gist of your question is if there will be any significant difference between how any app runs on the iPhone 5C as compared to how it will run on the iPhone 5S... and to that question, the answer would be no. From a practical, daily point of view, the two phones will run the same software equally as well.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
i think it is safe to say yes, that's correct. Apple isn't exactly known for releasing hardware that's completely obsolete a year later. I know people rocking an iPad1 and 2 and not wasting a minute thinking about upgrading. Also, the 5 has been sold heaps and heaps and will probably be the iPhone most prevalent in society for years to come. Apple wouldn't alienate all these people by from now on publishing software that runs best on 5S, iPhone 6 etc. 5 and therefore 5C will be standard for a couple of years... at least that's my prediction. If you want it, you should go for it.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, to the extent that those apps are compatible with iOS 7.

Some won't be updated for that, and won't run well.

But those would run just as badly on the 5s.