Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes
    iMore Intermediate

444 Posts
    Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Default Re: Any reasons as to why the iPhone 5C isn't cheap

Alots of parts of iphones are made in USA,that cost much,and then assembled in china
    iMore Intermediate

176 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    And as far as Apple's tax situation, they pay every dollar that they owe. They also take every tax break to which they are entitled. I’d wager that you do, too. So let’s leave the inference of any tax impropriety out of the discussion, shall we?
    On that point, BS. Apple hides tons of money in off shore accounts. They don't pay every dollar they owe. No corporation in America does. in the 40s and 50s Americans were about hard work and paying their fair share. Now Americans are about doing the least amount of work and finding whatever hole in the tax code they can find to avoid paying taxes. That's the decline of the modern American. Every corporation and every person is greedy. Apple isn't a bit different. And i don't get any tax breaks. Sorry. I pay every dime of mine. Apple is one of the many corporate tax succubuses bleeding the tax paying American middle class and working poor dry. I don't have any bank accounts in Switzerland or account in the Cayman Islands to receive income. I don't have legions of accountants scouring taxes for loopholes. I got a pencil and a 1040. And I don't have lobbyist in congress rewriting tax code to provide holes for me to not have to pay. That this is an apple site full of apple lovers doesn't change that. they make good products that just work. Hell, so do oil companies. It ain't like the gas doesn't actually work.That don't mean they aren't cheats too. Apple lovers love to fellate the all mighty Apple and excuse all the bad deeds. They cult is one step off from the beliebers in their ability to excuse pad deeds. The tax code needs major reform to cut out all the loopholes that these companies use to hide money while good working people are forced to pay all their taxes without loopholes, tax havens or armies of accountants. That's the new America. Find me a way to not pay.
    iMore Pro

561 Posts
    Global Posts
    567 Global Posts

Apple doesn't "hide" money offshore. Get your facts straight.

Apple earns profits from their foreign business units, and continues to invest overseas in a large part because of the confiscatory tax policies of the US.

If they bring that money back to invest in the US, the government takes between 40 and 50% in taxes.

Anyone - business or individual - would be foolish to accept that, so they invest abroad.

Good for the company. Good for the stockholders.

The US can stop this by simply taxing corporations a reasonable rate for money's earned by overseas business units, however they have refused to do so, forcing any company who wishes to compete internationally to invest their foreign profits abroad.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123