Why iPhone 4C didn't make sense but iPhone 5c just might

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why iPhone 4C didn't make sense but iPhone 5C just might

In the blog article that can be read via the following link, Rene Ritchie stated,

"The iPod touch used to be the cheapest gateway to iOS and the App Store. As that fades, the iPad mini, and something like an iPhone 5c need to take its place."

Do you agree?

http://www.imore.com/iphone-5c-and-less-expensive-iphone-logic

I'm a high school teacher and there are times that I allow my students to use devices in class to aid in their learning. For students that do not have a smart phone, the iPod Touch is the device of choice. I'm not sure it is in Apple's best interest to, as the article presents it, cannibalize sales of the iPod Touch." The iPod Touch is a device that is a gateway to lifelong product loyalty. Parents that don't want to buy an iPhone data plan for the high school student will buy a device like an iPod and I believe Apple is making a mistake if they don't do a good job of marketing and selling it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why iPhone 4C didn't make sense but iPhone 5C just might

I'm a high school teacher and there are times that I allow my students to use devices in class to aid in their learning. For students that do not have a smart phone, the iPod Touch is the device of choice. I'm not sure it is in Apple's best interest to, as the article presents it, cannibalize sales of the iPod Touch." The iPod Touch is a device that is a gateway to lifelong product loyalty. Parents that don't want to buy an iPhone data plan for the high school student will buy a device like an iPod and I believe Apple is making a mistake if they don't do a good job of marketing and selling it.

You brought out some excellent points, Coach. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Take care, and enjoy the rest of your day...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77