How to transfer contacts/data/apps from old to newer iPhone
Just been gifted iPhone5 to replace my iPhone4. I don't know how to port all the contacts and apps to the newer phone. Help?
- Best AnswerMay 22 2016 | 11:33 am EDT
Simply do an iCloud or am iTunes backup of your old iPhone and then restore that backup to your newer iPhone.
- 05-22-2016, 11:33 AM #2
- 05-31-2016, 03:36 AM #3Banned
- 22 Posts
Re: How do I transfer contacts/data/apps from old to newer iPhone?
You can first backup your old iPhone to iTunes and then restore your new iPhone with the backup files.
Step 1. Connect your old iPhone to computer > Open iTunes > Click the iOS device name.
Step 2. Tap "This computer" button > Choose "Back Up Now" on Backups column.
Step 3. Tap "This Computer" button > Tick "Encrypt iPhone/iPad backup" to enter into password.
Step 4. After the backup, connect your new iPhone to computer > Choose Restore Backup in Backups column > Choose backup to restore.
- 06-02-2016, 02:55 AM #4
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 3Last Post: 10-17-2016, 02:40 AM
- By Gobrown75 in forum iPad 4Replies: 6Last Post: 05-23-2016, 09:12 PM
- By MikeElmendorf in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 05-22-2016, 03:49 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-22-2016, 01:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-22-2016, 10:12 AM