- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
what is the extra ribbon connecter on my iphone5?
I recently dropped my iphone5 and broke the glass. I decided to try and replace just the glass screen as everything was working fine.
unfortunately I've knackered the screen now. I am thinking of getting a full new screen. I detached the 3 ribbon connectors as I had been shown but there is a fourth small ribbon cable with a chip soldered to it and it doesn't look like it plugs into anything. I would love to know what this extra thing is so I can find out if it comes with a new screen.
I hope this makes sense.
- 05-08-2016, 08:06 PM #2iMore Elite
- 2,565 Posts
Re: what is the extra ribbon connecter on my iphone5?
You should get the screen replaced professionally. I had an iPad 9.7 inched screen replaced. Only cost about 100.00. The repair guy came to the house. It was fun watching him repair the screen. I haven too a photograph of the iPad when it was open. I still have the broke screen saved.
- 05-09-2016, 09:50 PM #4
- By Eddy Nates in forum iPhone 5Replies: 6Last Post: 05-13-2016, 04:54 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2016, 04:03 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2016, 01:40 PM
- By albaalba in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2016, 12:58 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2016, 12:43 PM