My iPhone 5 headphone jack isn't working properly, how can I fix it?

Eddy Nates

May 8, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone 5 headphone jack isn't working properly.

ALright, so the other day i had recently purchased a new dock replacement for my iPhone 5 because the headphone jack was on mute. After receiving the replacement and successfully installing it, the headphone jack was good as new and i had no troubles with it for about 4 days. Then one day i attempted to listen to music through my earpods and it was on 2 ticks of volume, but when i pressed play the noise was unbelievably loud and distorted. I quickly took them off and could still hear them as if they were on speaker. the volume was still at two ticks. When i lowered the volume even more the left earpiece was still rather loud but could be clearly understood, while the right ear piece was not playing any music, just giving off distorted drum sounds, like robotic sounds. I cleaned the headphone jack with a piece of cotton, a small stick, tape to remove dust, nothing was working. It was not my earpods because they worked well on my computer still. I tried other headphones and they did the same thing when i plugged them in. Also, Bluetooth speaker and airplay speaker on my phone as well as loud speaker, worked perfectly fine. I then purchased another dock replacement and successfully installed again, but the same problem occurred! All the other parts like the lightning connector work fine. It's just the headphone jack that is not working properly. After the second installation, i also attempted to restore form back twice to see if it may have been any corrupted files, but still did not get better. I need help now because i can't think of anything else that would be causing this problem. The pins on the dock connector are also not damaged. Also, i tried to slightly put in the earphones in my phone, not all the way, but just before they click, and they perform normally for a short amount of time. This i tried on the new replacement.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: My iPhone 5 headphone jack isn't working properly.

Welcome to iMore

I see you tried everything I would have suggested to you so stay tuned and one of our members might have a workable solution that hasn't been tried

Eddy Nates

May 8, 2016
Visit site

Well now I've attempted to clean it once more and when i plug in my ear pods they are completely mute.

Eddy Nates

May 8, 2016
Visit site

For anyone with a similar problem, i've been on forums for a while today and may have found the problem, if not one of the problems. On the apple discussions forum, one user states that "it happns when the phone was dropped numerous times
the digitizer detach itself as a result put pressure on top left side of the frame
the speaker assembly has springs and sometimes those springs do not make any contact with the flex cable hidden underneath
please look if the digitizer has a belly look everywhere arround it

to permament fix the issue is to replace the entire lcd assembly"
My screen just happens to be falling apart, or just in bad condition, i am looking to get that replaced already and will report back if, after replacing it, my problem with the audio jack is solved.

Eddy Nates

May 8, 2016
Visit site

Nope, the screen wasn't causing the problem, had it replaced today and nothing. I was foolish enough to disregard the fact that earlier before my problem had occurred, i remember plugging in an aux cord to my headphone jack and the screen went blue and promptly restarted. After that the phone was working fine, but later that day when i wanted to use my headphones is when i first encountered the problem. Could it be that i blew a fuse or something the phone? It can't be the headphone jack because as i said before i had the part replaced but the problem still occurs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73