- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
iIphone 5 battery problem
My Iphone 5 has a battery issue it will be at 100% then the battery will go down quite quickly then around 90% or so it will turn off and say it needs to charge il plug it in and it will instantly turn back on and be back at 99%. I tried bringing it to the apple store for a replacement battery but they said due to a dent at the bottom they couldn't open up the phone without damaging the screen. Is there anything else I can do? I saw something about recalibrating the battery? Would that benefit at all?
- 04-15-2016, 11:05 AM #2
Re: iIphone 5 battery problem
It might help the % indicator in the status bar to be more accurate. But it has no affect on the battery's performance. It's probably wearing out. The 5 is an old phone now. I still have mine. The battery is about gone. If you can't replace the battery, you will need to explore an upgrade. You may still have a few months left, but expect the battery to act wonky.
- By libra89 in forum iPhoneReplies: 5Last Post: 04-21-2016, 12:07 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 2Last Post: 04-16-2016, 07:39 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 04-13-2016, 07:45 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-13-2016, 05:34 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 04-13-2016, 07:40 AM