Iphone 5 battery issues but unable to replace battery
My Iphone 5 has a battery issue it will be at 100% then the battery will go down quite quickly then around 90% or so it will turn off and say it needs to charge il plug it in and it will instantly turn back on and be back at 99%. I tried bringing it to the apple store for a replacement battery but they said due to a dent at the bottom they couldn't open up the phone without damaging the screen. Is there anything else I can do? I saw something about recalibrating the battery? Would that benefit at all?
- 04-15-2016, 01:47 PM #2
- 38,524 Posts
Re: Iphone 5 battery issues but unable to replace battery
Try going to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings" to see if that'll help. If not, try restoring the device and setting it up as new. If that doesn't help, you may have to risk damaging the screen to get the battery replaced.
- 04-16-2016, 07:39 PM #3iMore Newbie
- 25 Posts
Re: My iPhone 5 has battery issues but I am unable to replace the battery, is there anything I can d
If its a hardware issue with the battery itself, no software troubleshooting will fix that. If you don't want to pay to get the screen/battery fixed, you could invest into a Mophie or other iPhone Battery Case and that may be able to help you until you eventually get the battery replaced.
- By Travis Perkins in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-16-2016, 10:33 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-15-2016, 10:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2016, 10:08 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2016, 10:05 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2016, 09:35 AM