Remove Apple linked ID ( iPhone 5 )?

I

iMore Question

Remove Apple linked ID ( iPhone 5 )

I just recently got an iPhone 5 which was password protected and I managed to update that to remove the password... -Now I'm stuck on a bit that says Activate iPhone - ................. There is an Apple ID that shows a little bit of an email address linked to the iPhone.

I'm assuming there must be a way to remove that so that I can enter mine and use my Apple ID on the iPhone 5 and access everything like the App Store.

Any help with what to do would be massively appreciated and thankful.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Remove Apple linked ID ( iPhone 5 )

Welcome to iMore!

The previous owner needs to remove their information from the phone so that their ID isn't linked to it.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm assuming there must be a way to remove that so that I can enter mine and use my Apple ID on the iPhone 5 and access everything like the App Store.
There is no way to remove it other than the previous owner entering the proper credentials as noted above.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It's made that way for security reasons. If you can't get the previous owner to remove his ID, then you might try getting your money back if you paid for it. Otherwise, you have a paperweight.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

There is no way to remove it other than the previous owner entering the proper credentials as noted above.

Agreed. It's supposed to be a theft deterrent.

Although for the life of me I don't understand why anyone would sell someone a phone without first removing their personal information..... and password so that the new owner can get in to it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. It's supposed to be a theft deterrent.

Although for the life of me I don't understand why anyone would sell someone a phone without first removing their personal information..... and password so that the new owner can get in to it.

Evil exists in the world, unfortunately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner