- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Can an iPhone be cloned?
One of my iPhones went missing yesterday from my car parked outside my wife's shop (unlocked). Noticed it gone and started looking for it by calling it from other iPhones and checking the Find My Phone app, no luck. Gone for about an hour and a half it mysteriously reappeared in my wife's car parked next to where my car had been parked when the phone went missing (also unlocked). While it was gone it called itself 3 times and apparently the FMP app had been disabled then turned back on before it was returned. Just being paranoid or should I be concerned about security?
- 09-02-2015, 02:15 PM #2
- 09-02-2015, 02:16 PM #3
- 09-02-2015, 03:02 PM #5
- 09-02-2015, 04:17 PM #6Banned
- 6,101 Posts
Re: Can an iPhone be cloned?
Incidentally, the cloned SIM can be used in any device in which a SIM can be used - it need not be used in an iPhone... so effectively you can "clone" your iPhone onto an android device, for example.
While the process is not that common, and is absolutely illegal in the US, it is not entirely unheard of.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 14Last Post: 10-16-2016, 02:47 AM
- By Fahadthelionheart in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 22Last Post: 12-17-2015, 06:16 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-02-2015, 03:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2015, 11:33 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2015, 11:15 AM