Unable to join wifi network or wromg password msg (wifi problem)

lovenix93

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
HI all, i m here to post my question to your attention.
i've an iPhone 5 and I'm noticing some problem with wifi. In particular my phone connects correctly to wifi modems when it is close to the modem, i mean about 3/4 metres. BUT, the iphone cant connect properly ro rhe wifi network when it s far from the mode, something like 5 or more metres. i have to say that the phone shows the networks at the maximum power signal. But when im far from the modem and i try to connect to the wifi modem, i had these error mesages: "unable to join to xxxxxxx" or "wrong password". I type the correct password, and even if i ssr my modem without an encryption, my phone doesnt connect it if far away... I have another iphone ane it connects correctly. I resetted my phone in dfu mode like a new phone, resetted the modem too, changed my wifi antenna into my iphone, nothing works.. This fault occurree some days after i upgrades to 8.4 ios. Anyone with my problem? Could it be ic wifi chip? My bluetooth works okay. Thanks in advsnce

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. It's possible that you have a defected device/chip.
2. When you put your device in DFU mode and had iTunes reinstall iOS, did you restore from a backup? If so, you might have restored the problem. I suggest you set it up as a new device.
3. It's possible that you may simply need to reset the Network settings on the iPhone.
4. Do you have firewall or MAC filtering restrictions enabled via your Wi-Fi router?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try Reset Network Settings
Reset Network Settings
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

lovenix93

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
1. It's possible that you have a defected device/chip.
2. When you put your device in DFU mode and had iTunes reinstall iOS, did you restore from a backup? If so, you might have restored the problem. I suggest you set it up as a new device.
3. It's possible that you may simply need to reset the Network settings on the iPhone.
4. Do you have firewall or MAC filtering restrictions enabled via your Wi-Fi router?

Hi mate, and thanks.
1. Dont know
2. I restore it as new device, without loading the backup
3. Resetted, still no working
4. No firewall, no filter. Anyway my phone doesnt work also with other wifi modems

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi mate, and thanks.
1. Dont know
2. I restore it as new device, without loading the backup
3. Resetted, still no working
4. No firewall, no filter. Anyway my phone doesnt work also with other wifi modems

Since it only occurred after installing iOS 8.4, I suspect a corrupted iOS download. I know you said you set up your iPhone 5 as a new device, but did you locate and delete the .ipsw file prior to putting the device in DFU mode. The reason I ask is that restoring without removing the aforementioned file can result in a mere erasing of all contents and settings and not necessarily installing a fresh copy of iOS. If you have the time and are not disheartened about restoring your device again, I recommend you locate the .ipsw file, move it to the trash in and then place the iPhone is DFU mode and restore it, setting it is as new afterwards. When you're finished, try connecting the device to your Wi-Fi network before installing any apps.

lovenix93

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Since it only occurred after installing iOS 8.4, I suspect a corrupted iOS download. I know you said you set up your iPhone 5 as a new device, but did you locate and delete the .ipsw file prior to putting the device in DFU mode. The reason I ask is that restoring without removing the aforementioned file can result in a mere erasing of all contents and settings and not necessarily installing a fresh copy of iOS. If you have the time and are not disheartened about restoring your device again, I recommend you locate the .ipsw file, move it to the trash in and then place the iPhone is DFU mode and restore it, setting it is as new afterwards. When you're finished, try connecting the device to your Wi-Fi network before installing any apps.

Sorry mate for my bad english, and thanks again. I restored my iphone with a ipsw file on itunes in dfu mode. I did it with ios8.4 and ios9 beta, same problem. Did you advice me to delete my ipsw file, connect my phone to itunes in dfu mode, download ios 8.4 thtough itunes and install it ? As new iphone obviously

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry mate for my bad english, and thanks again. I restored my iphone with a ipsw file on itunes in dfu mode. I did it with ios8.4 and ios9 beta, same problem. Did you advice me to delete my ipsw file, connect my phone to itunes in dfu mode, download ios 8.4 thtough itunes and install it ? As new iphone obviously

I advised you to locate the current .ipsw file and then move it to the trash bin. Personally, I wouldn't delete it until after the device is up and running with the new .ipsw file.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2