I dropped my iPhone 5 and cracked the screen and bent the case. Do I have to replace both?

I

iMore Question

I dropped my I-Phone 5 and cracked the screen.

It was working perfectly. I took it into Phone Stop. Suddenly I had to replace the battery and the case was bent. Effectively doubling the cost from the estimate. Is this needed and common?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I dropped my I-Phone 5 and cracked the screen.

You did say you dropped your iPhone, right? Well, it's possible that the battery was also damaged during the drop. If you had purchased Apple Care Plus, you would have been charged a single price no matter what the damages were to the device in this regard.

tandac01

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Cracked screen replacment

I took my Iphone 5 in for screen replacement. They charged me to straighten a bent case. The battery also required replacement. How common is it for a company to "discover" additional problems when the get their hands on your phone? Bill went from $60 to $116.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cracked screen replacment

I took my Iphone 5 in for screen replacement. They charged me to straighten a bent case. The battery also required replacement. How common is it for a company to "discover" additional problems when the get their hands on your phone? Bill went from $60 to $116.

If you have a complaint about a certain repair company, please notify your local Better Business Bureau.

tandac01

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Cracked screen replacment

Before I start a formal complaint I need to know if my experience is fairly common of not. Of the thousands of dropped phones, how many have the additional damage?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully, members who have dropped & damaged their iPhones, and who did not have AppleCare Plus, Square Trade, Asurion or another mobile insurance plan, will respond soon.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Did the phone work after you dropped it? Was it bent? If all you could see was a cracked screen, why did you allow them to do the other work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods