Looking to replace a cracked iphone5 screen

snoopdog69

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I looked at the iphone 5 how to guide and it looks like I can do it myself since my warranty is up. I was wonder if anyone used ifixit website for the iphone 5screen replacement kit and if its any better then the etech or same screen. I wanted to get it from etech website but they don't have the repair kit tools in stock.

Any info on how both sites are and the quality of the screens would be greatly appreciated.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Word of advice:

Unless you are really comfortable with this repair, calculate the cost of materials, tools, shipping, tax, etc., and see how much that is compared to having Apple perform the work. You might be surprised.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I looked at the iphone 5 how to guide and it looks like I can do it myself since my warranty is up. I was wonder if anyone used ifixit website for the iphone 5screen replacement kit and if its any better then the etech or same screen. I wanted to get it from etech website but they don't have the repair kit tools in stock.

Any info on how both sites are and the quality of the screens would be greatly appreciated.

I've purchased replacement parts from the ifixit website as well as followed their online tutorial. In my situation, the parts worked and the tutorial was on-point. Having said that, I've never had to replace a broken iPhone screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234